New Addition today - hopefully

Guest Sheff Owl

A move to us now would probably be less appealing than it would have done a month ago

true but when wickham came I think we were deep in the  sh*t that turned out well for him and us IF this was the problem I'd cite this as persuasion.

However I can't take off my blue glasses and hope every player would like a chance to play for us ( yeah right) the problem will almost certainly be down to money or circumstances at the donor club

Of course i'd like to fantasise that we are negotiating a fee after a loan for Wickham again  :laugh:

If there is a loan signing perm any one from the following: -

1] It's all wind and p1$$.

2] Target got injured in training yesterday.

3] Won't be announced until last minute to surprise Brentford.

4] Won't be here until Saturday.

5] He's gone to Fulham or Forest.

In fairness to Stuart Gray - he doesn't make those sweeping statements unless the player i

s in the building as he did with Drenthe..

Edited by Flat Owl

A move to us now would probably be less appealing than it would have done a month ago

We are 3 points outside the play offs, Gray seems to be respected by other managers, we have some decent players, large crowds for the division and have recently helped the careers of 2 very good young players while they were on loan here,  I can't see why we wouldn't be one of the choices at the forefront of a lot of players minds?

Edit

Plus we are sponsored by asybythingy  :duntmatter:

Edited by Spookone

Guest wilyfox

Up to an hour before kick off, I believe. Could already be registered - like Olofinjana was; he wasn't announced until team news came in. I wouldn't hold your breath though...more than likely the move broke down.

Up to an hour before kick off, I believe. Could already be registered - like Olofinjana was; he wasn't announced until team news came in. I wouldn't hold your breath though...more than likely the move broke down.

http://www.football-league.co.uk/global/section6.aspx

Article 41.3.1 suggests it's 3 hours, but as you say a player may already be registered but just not announced.

I do think it's more like it broke down now though. After all, Gray said he was waiting on the call yesterday, so he must surely have received that call by now at least. Perhaps he's wanting to spring the surprise of a new signing on Brentford for maximum effect? Although I wouldn't have thought he'd bother unless this new signing would radically change the way we're going to set up.

It's getting beyond a joke. We were told we'd be getting a striker at the end of last season, then told the same again in the summer. Gray has been going on about it again for a couple months now and we're now nearly a third of the way through the season. It's a joke, other clubs have managed to secure players. Hell, even Rotherham managed to get Becchio over the line without all this fuss, he'd have done a job for us.