New Addition today - hopefully

Guest Sheff Owl

Although I wouldn't have thought he'd bother unless this new signing would radically change the way we're going to set up.

If the new signing is not going to radically change the set up then we're phooked... lol

It's getting beyond a joke. We were told we'd be getting a striker at the end of last season, then told the same again in the summer. Gray has been going on about it again for a couple months now and we're now nearly a third of the way through the season. It's a joke, other clubs have managed to secure players. Hell, even Rotherham managed to get Becchio over the line without all this fuss, he'd have done a job for us.

Becchio is on 30 grand a week at Norwich, Rotherham are contributing 3 grand a week for having him on loan, I know he's injued now but surely we could have run to that .

Rob Staton â€@robstaton  2m2 minutes ago

For those asking, #SWFC will not be signing a striker before tonight's game against Brentford. Doesn't mean it won't happen in the week.

Ah that old chestnut. No hurry I suppose, only nearly a third of the season gone

I doubt it's going to happen. Or atleast not the player he was referring to.

This signing had better be worth waiting for, whoever it is

Guest Sheff Owl

Well it's the same people everytime.

Listen yes it's frustrating but the reaction is over the top ( namely by the same people everytime).

If the target was Chris Wood then we are not the only club in for him, yet you would think we would be going by some reactions.

Well it's the same people everytime.

Listen yes it's frustrating but the reaction is over the top ( namely by the same people everytime).

If the target was Chris Wood then we are not the only club in for him, yet you would think we would be going by some reactions.

When we're talking players of that quality there's bound to be other interest, but I'm sure that's been the same for every quality striker signed by championship clubs this season. This is not a season long loan we're talking about, it's a short term loan, and in case you haven't realised, we are nearly a third of the way through the season.

Guest Sheff Owl

Good to hear you know everything about how transfers work and what we are looking it.

Look forward to you applying for the job that Paul Aldridge holds if he decides to leave.

Good to hear you know everything about how transfers work and what we are looking it.

Look forward to you applying for the job that Paul Aldridge holds if he decides to leave.

Well yes, and he can always call on me for advice in the meantime