New Addition today - hopefully

Guest Sheff Owl

Guest wilyfox

Dom Howson

Owls remain in talks with a Premier League club over bringing in an experienced striker on loan. Something may happen before Norwich. #SWFC

Guest wilyfox

In terms of age...no. He's younger than Madine and Nuhiu. Has more championship experience though. I'm still not convinced it's him.

Guest wilyfox

Whoever it is, Gray needs to drive this deal through. Drawn two blanks back-to-back with limited threat. Squad needs new ideas and dimension in the attacking third.

Guest Sheff Owl

Is that Jonathan Buchan really that stupid? Seriously?

He interviewed Stuart Gray last night and after listening to it back NO mention of this Striker in anyway, shape or form.

Guest JonTheOwl66

Well it's the same people everytime.

Listen yes it's frustrating but the reaction is over the top ( namely by the same people everytime).

If the target was Chris Wood then we are not the only club in for him, yet you would think we would be going by some reactions.

Why bother saying 'I'm waiting for a phone call tonight'? What a pointless thing to say from Gray.

Surely he'd guess that if nothing happened it'd cause angst among the fans?

Guest JonTheOwl66

Wouldn't it have just made more sense if he said 'yes we think were close to one or two targets' rather than putting pressure on himself by saying 'tonight' when clearly it was never going to happen?

It's a slip by Gray really. Not a dig - it's an honest mistake in an interview.

Why bother saying 'I'm waiting for a phone call tonight'? What a pointless thing to say from Gray.

Surely he'd guess that if nothing happened it'd cause angst among the fans?

I think SG is an honest guy  and trying his best to rebel without quite going as far as doing a gary

Guest wilyfox

Strikers are a blatant problem. Just so happens we also have such a problem in midfield. Why do people insist it's one or the other? We really need two solutions; but perhaps with Hope and Drenthe already in the budget will only stretch to one - and Gray has prioritised a striker.