Which football team did Human League support?

On 24/12/2022 at 17:43, Adepizza said:

Trevor 'Houcher' Jones? Could be.

Lovely lad and a great laugh. Was best mates with my girlfriend at the time. Went out with him and his crew many a time we did. Always a hilarious night out. He fancied me. Said I had great cheekbones.

Fact.

He used to work at the Manpower Services Commission, bottom of The Moor, that big red brick hexagonal building. 

Also used to buy some of his dressing up gear from the ladies clothing store my sister managed. She always sorted him out with somewhere to try on his clothes.

Great memories.

Trev was being set up to become the next Boy George, and got a record deal from Mickey Most.

Unfortunately, his first single bombed, never got the airplay and never got higher than about 90th place in the charts. His record deal ended after just one single I believe. 

Is he still around in Sheffield? Lost touch when I ditched the girlfriend and moved to the North West coast, got married and settled down here.

• Like 1

On 24/12/2022 at 11:31, casbahowl said:

Caught up with the girls & a few other old faces at the Craizy Daizy reunion at Yellow Arch just prior to the first lockdown…… Cracking night but unfortunately no mass brawl on the dance floor to add to the authenticity!

image.jpeg

Obviously, there's the Human League, and (I'm pretty sure) that's Tony Capstick in the centre bottom but there are a few others on there that I recognise but evade my memory - someone, please help me out.  I love this picture but its also driving me crackers.  

2 minutes ago, shandypants said:

Obviously, there's the Human League, and (I'm pretty sure) that's Tony Capstick in the centre bottom but there are a few others on there that I recognise but evade my memory - someone, please help me out.  I love this picture but its also driving me crackers.  

Screenshot 2022-12-26 at 11.33.12.png

I think this is Pat Pheonix

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

17 minutes ago, shandypants said:

Gary Glitter bottom right.. 

• Haha 1

On 24/12/2022 at 08:48, 31Dec1966 said:

That must be from the City Hall 1984 charity show.  Dave Berry, Alvin Stardust. human league, The Wednesday and Capstick.  It was a great night. Tony Capstick auctioned a signed Beatles menu donated by O'Haras Playboys.  I bid £125 and Capstick would Not bring the hammer down. Stevie Splash out bid me and won it for £150 to display in sinatras.

I've painted Dave Berry's house years ago.True Dat! Also random and pointless. They're his Rottweilers,i used tartan paint for them.

On 26/12/2022 at 09:58, theowlsman said:

Trev was being set up to become the next Boy George, and got a record deal from Mickey Most.

Unfortunately, his first single bombed, never got the airplay and never got higher than about 90th place in the charts. His record deal ended after just one single I believe. 

Is he still around in Sheffield? Lost touch when I ditched the girlfriend and moved to the North West coast, got married and settled down here.

He went to Herries. Saw him down the Moor the other day. Still very well dressed as an older grey man.