palmer

Guest Big Guns

Big Guns-strength of a downy and the intellect to match.

Look he had a mare against his first real test I'm looking for players who can perform against the best players in the division Palmer looked and is league 1 standard

Guest Sheff Owl

It must be so boring in some peoples life.

This whole wumming/being controversial is pretty boring and pathetic really.

Guest Big Guns

It must be so boring in some peoples life.

This whole wumming/being controversial is pretty boring and pathetic really.

So if you hsve a different opinion it's wumming your boring

See mods this is wot I'm up against

Been our since 3 pal just got in bladderd you probably find that boring nob head

I think sometimes when young players have to get up early to play for early kick-off it can be a promble. He looked tired in the face like he was tired from getting up early. Not everyone can play early is all I am saying.

Antonio definitely used both hands to push Palmer away before he put in the cross. I had a perfect view of it from the North. Definite foul.

Same as my view on north. Watching highlights confirmed what I thught at the game. Antonio just gave him a little push to keep palmers momentum going so he had space to cross. Foul all day long.

Palmer not his best today but he has had a solid start to the season.

Yes he is, he's so much better there than he is in midfield

Had a poor game today, but then so did Maguire who I though wasted the ball every time he touched it, but they'll have a break now and come back strong against Bolton

Palmer is a good full back who just had a bad game, it happens

So basically he isn't good enough for Midfield so he's a RB ?

He is caught out of position a lot and has been all season yesterday he was against the best side we have played and he was owned all game .

I don't dislike Palmer and he has had good games at RB but at the moment he is not good enough, often enough put him against decent wide men and he is exposed, regularly.

He is not a RB 

So basically he isn't good enough for Midfield so he's a RB ?

He is caught out of position a lot and has been all season yesterday he was against the best side we have played and he was owned all game .

I don't dislike Palmer and he has had good games at RB but at the moment he is not good enough, often enough put him against decent wide men and he is exposed, regularly.

He is not a RB

I have to agree with you here. With a couple more additions and when everyone is fit then Palmer would be on the bench for me but coming on most games because he can fill on a few positions when legs are tired. Yes I know he was POTY last term but for me that was more for his improvement rather than anything else. I like the lad but he is a back up RB and CM which is fine as we will need him throughout the season with injuries and suspensions.

Palmer is a RB, he's not a midfielder, did'nt have his best game yesterday but is twice the player that Buxton is.

Buxton when fit will still struggle to get a game, good back up though.

Keep telling yourself that and next time Liam is caught upfield well out of position as he has been regularly and the opposition punish us, keep yourself warm by comparing him to a player who has consistently been our best player for the many of the last few seasons.

Note that i don't slag Palmer as a player, i think he is a decent prospect at both Midfield and RB with time but do we have time for him to learn to play Fullback properly ?

Personally i don't think so

Why you feel the need to denegrate a player Like Louis Buxton to prove a stupid debating point defeats me.

Palmer is not a RB

For what it's worth, I thought Palmer didn't play as well as he has previously this season, should've scored in the first minute or two, and if he's claiming he was pushed for their goal (I've only heard fans claim that, to be honest), he needs to see somebody, because the contact with Antonio wouldn't have pushed my granny out of the way.

I do think though, that he's in danger of going the same way as players like Leigh Bromby, Tommy Spurr, Richard Wood, Owen Morrison, and countless others, as players who as teenagers looked to have terrific potential, but in their early 20's didn't seem to have pushed on, and were no better than they were when they first came into the side.

If yesterday's performance was Liam Palmer as an 18 year old when he made his debut, you'd be saying, quite rightly, what a prospect we have on our hands, but he's 23 in a couple of weeks, and yesterday just didn't seem to have improved since his debut.

I am not a Palmer fan myself never have been I don't see him as a midfielder he is a decent right back at this level. No Buxton but he is getting better.

However I disagree about today, yes he was am

Idiot and should have shot or actually passed to May which did cost us but I don't think he had a problem with Antonio who put a lifted ball into an untracked runner after a suspiticious push. Bar that Antonio didn't cause us anything like a problem IMO I thought he was poor today.

By the way surely Semedo should have been tracking the runner ?

Palmer was steady today. Made a couple of errors. I thought he misjudged the flight of the ball but then was fouled but we don't appeal for fouls like other teams. I thought his pass to May was ok but may reacted slowly allowing the defender in. My only gripe with palmer is his indecision both attacking and defending.