48 HOURS

The next 48 hours will tell us a lot. If the Antonio deal goes through, surely this is the 'green light' Gray has been waiting for to conclude deals.

If we don't see some genuinely encouraging incoming transfers I fear the Antonio sale is Milan starting to balance the books in anticipation of a collapsed takeover.

One way or another by Thursday evening I think we'll know where we really are.

Guest Steve French

Tbf, May's strike rate is far better than a lot of those mentioned.

True that.

But then again I reckon you could bag 20 goals a season in the Scottish Championship next season, given half a chance.

Reports recently in the Azerbaijan press suggest that Mammadov is struggling to pay the bills and the players' wages at that European powerhouse/flagship club, FC Baku - average home gate 2013-14 was 565 in a 2,000 capacity stadium.

With less than a week to go before the start of the Azerbaijan premier league on Saturday, the FC Baku squad has been depleted as players have gone elsewhere and the club has only got ten players listed so far, including no strikers.

My Russian is not too brilliant and I have to rely on Google Translate but the latest news items suggest that the bank have alleged liquidity problems as being a possible issue. (check out www.sportbox.az/world/98329/sheffild-uensdej-oficialno-zayavil-chto-pokupta-kluba-hafizom-mamedovym-otkladyvaetsya-iz-za-ego-problem-v-azerbajdzhane).

If Mammadov is floundering with a club that is about one sixth the size of Mansfield Town, how is he going to cope with the Mighty Owls?

Sources: Azderifootball.com, "Football Azerbaijan", News-Azerbaijan (agency) and others.

Reports recently in the Azerbaijan press suggest that Mammadov is struggling to pay the bills and the players' wages at that European powerhouse/flagship club, FC Baku - average home gate 2013-14 was 565 in a 2,000 capacity stadium.

With less than a week to go before the start of the Azerbaijan premier league on Saturday, the FC Baku squad has been depleted as players have gone elsewhere and the club has only got ten players listed so far, including no strikers.

My Russian is not too brilliant and I have to rely on Google Translate but the latest news items suggest that the bank have alleged liquidity problems as being a possible issue. (check out www.sportbox.az/world/98329/sheffild-uensdej-oficialno-zayavil-chto-pokupta-kluba-hafizom-mamedovym-otkladyvaetsya-iz-za-ego-problem-v-azerbajdzhane).

If Mammadov is floundering with a club that is about one sixth the size of Mansfield Town, how is he going to cope with the Mighty Owls?

Sources: Azderifootball.com, "Football Azerbaijan", News-Azerbaijan (agency) and others.

Sounds like MM has player a blinder here. Saying that-surely if due diligence has been done then all of this has been checked out-or is that all BS as well and we are t even that far down the track. Sooner have that a-rab from bumhole stain in charge.

The ground is still lacking a coat of paint.

No away kit 3 days before the season.

Season ticket bought in March still hasn't arrived.

A skeleton crew of a squad.

Selling one of only 2 possible  saleable assets.

In a battle with Rotherham for a Scottish striker

Our owner who to be honest is starting to treat us not much  better than the previous regimes.

A potential buyer who is in trouble with a two bit Azerbaijan team.

People say we are a lot better off than 3 years ago but it does not look all that good from where im standing.

Your right when you say between now and the weekend is a defining time.

The ground is still lacking a coat of paint.

No away kit 3 days before the season.

Season ticket bought in March still hasn't arrived.

A skeleton crew of a squad.

Selling one of only 2 possible saleable assets.

In a battle with Rotherham for a Scottish striker

Our owner who to be honest is starting to treat us not much better than the previous regimes.

A potential buyer who is in trouble with a two bit Azerbaijan team.

People say we are a lot better off than 3 years ago but it does not look all that good from where im standing.

Your right when you say between now and the weekend is a defining time.

And Antonio for all is faults is deffo one of our better players.

But hey,give me a pair of those stupid goggles and everything will look fine.

Probably go to the ground and pick up our ST's today that should now have been already sent out.

Edited by owlsdreamer

Guest Rupert Ridge

Antonio will be sold followed by the odd signing using some of the sale money and MM will tell you all he's backing SG and the rose goggled brigade will be out in force telling the smart ones they were right!