48 HOURS

I don't think selling Antonio points to anything positive regarding the takeover. An influx of cash usually means keeping your better players.

The only other reason would be FFP related

I'll say it again mate if HM hasn't got the brass we don't want him anyway do we?

If the takeover falls through then so be it we're as we were.

Some of the rumours about this guy (if they are to believed) don't exactly fill me with confidence if he does complete the takeover. 

Selling Antonio to fund transfers means there's no money; points to HM being the mother of all tyre kickers.

Possibly right but I'm going to believe otherwise until confirmed.

Call it blind faith. Call it stupidity even, but I live in hope.

Hoping Mamadov's troubles in Azerbaijan are indeed political, not financial, and mostly to do with the authorities not being keen on him moving his money out of Azerbaijan.

Hoping the financial issues at Lens are more to do with Mammadov's dislike of Martel, and trying to pull the plug on Lens.

Nowt wrong with staying niaive a bit longer

lol

Reports recently in the Azerbaijan press suggest that Mammadov is struggling to pay the bills and the players' wages at that European powerhouse/flagship club, FC Baku - average home gate 2013-14 was 565 in a 2,000 capacity stadium.

With less than a week to go before the start of the Azerbaijan premier league on Saturday, the FC Baku squad has been depleted as players have gone elsewhere and the club has only got ten players listed so far, including no strikers.

My Russian is not too brilliant and I have to rely on Google Translate but the latest news items suggest that the bank have alleged liquidity problems as being a possible issue. (check out www.sportbox.az/world/98329/sheffild-uensdej-oficialno-zayavil-chto-pokupta-kluba-hafizom-mamedovym-otkladyvaetsya-iz-za-ego-problem-v-azerbajdzhane).

If Mammadov is floundering with a club that is about one sixth the size of Mansfield Town, how is he going to cope with the Mighty Owls?

Sources: Azderifootball.com, "Football Azerbaijan", News-Azerbaijan (agency) and others.

Even if HM pulls out,our MM will say he did because of his love for our club,cough/.

I don't see how anyone can take positives out of selling Antonio or anyone else.

The club affairs are a complete shambles at the minute.

Full stop.

Edited by owlsdreamer

not sure he has been hoodwinked.

Think he has known for a while but it suits maybe to keep it quiet.

Although only 48 hours ago, he said not to worry, was working to push it over the line, and hoped to have further news before the Brighton game.

Guess it comes down to Trusting in Milan?

Remember that phrase?

Guest conisbrough

If Antonio is sold to fund Tardieu and May transfers, it certainly indicates Mammadov has not passed ratification and is not likely to do so in the near future. Think we can expect announcement saying further delay on Friday evening or Saturday morning.

I know only raitication of Mammadov by FL was holding up takeover all other loose ends were tied up.

If Antonio is sold to fund Tardieu and May transfers, it certainly indicates Mammadov has not passed ratification and is not likely to do so in the near future. Think we can expect announcement saying further delay on Friday evening or Saturday morning.

I know only raitication of Mammadov by FL was holding up takeover all other loose ends were tied up.

I seriously doubt it's even at ratification stage. None of the local journos seem sure, the last statement said that they "hoped soon to be in a position to satisfy the FL's requirements". It's a clusterfûck.

Maybe Mammadov needs to be as dodgy as some other owner not too far away from S6?

Might stand a chance with the FL then.

How do you know this ?