Brandao

Very weird signng if true and smacks of pre takeover signing to me. Even if he is on a good wage.. We must have saved a good wedge with prutton,jj,reda,martin taylor,llera plus loan fees of best and afobe. Even with the re-signing of hutch and kirk,semedo and loovens as well as westwood. Good luck to marlon if he signs and i hope he bangs em in. Just find it odd.

Very weird signng if true and smacks of pre takeover signing to me. Even if he is on a good wage.. We must have saved a good wedge with prutton,jj,reda,martin taylor,llera plus loan fees of best and afobe. Even with the re-signing of hutch and kirk,semedo and loovens as well as westwood. Good luck to marlon if he signs and i hope he bangs em in. Just find it odd.

:biggrin:

You think this is a MM budget signing?!  

I know we're used to moaning, but a lot of folk just need to cheer up and enjoy the ride, for once.  

Scored 5 in 26 last season and 11 in 27 the year before. Not prolific but playing at a high standard.

Fantastico, our specialty signing, Strikers that don't score.

Another striker that will be struggling to reach double figures

Can't see us paying anything remotely like that for a 34 year old. No wonder St Etienne can't wait to get rid, or ask a transfer fee.

actually try reading there forums.. he is a cult hero , they deffo dont want him to go.

also just to put it into context, St Etienne just missed out on a champions league place

actually try reading there forums.. he is a cult hero , they deffo dont want him to go.

also just to put it into context, St Etienne just missed out on a champions league place

Don't be silly

We're signing a player

Of course he's hated at his current club and he's going to be useless for us

weird or not is deffo not a pre takeover signing if of course its true,

Maybe the fans like him, but he sounds like a very expensive commodity at his age. Still, if he performs for us for a year or two, and HM covers his wages, I shan't complain.

The St-Etienne attacker, Brandao (34), has been in Sheffield since Friday for negoations with the Owls, boarder/resident of the second division in England. His signature is imminent.

An overview from Sheffield of these past days: the Brazilian has not yet reached a contract agreement with Wednesday, but there are only a few details to finalise. Christophe Galtier, the coach of the Greens, has confirmed to local press on the sidelines of a friendly against Metz on the 11th July that the attacker had gone abroad for discussions with a club. If his club wanted to offload [in an exotic championship??????] with his princely salary (90 grand a month before bonuses), it was in the end the Owls, recently bought by Mammadov, the owner of Lens, who were on the spot.

His contract runs out in  June 2015 and it is unlikely that St Eteinne would demand a transfer fee. In two seasons, he has scored 24 goals in 67 matches. Stuart Gray, the manager of SWFC, has been given an attacker who crumples [chiffionniez- hopefuly means he crumples his shirt, not the bloke himself crumples].

Don't be silly

We're signing a player

Of course he's hated at his current club and he's going to be useless for us

Exactly. We can't be enthusiastic about any player. He has to average 20 goals a season and be 24 years old for anyone to be happy.