Brandao

Go back, do the regression analysis. Why not go the whole hog and conduct some Principal Component Analysis to ensure you have the right set of explanatory variables and not fallen foul of multicollinearity. Then check goodness of fit and compute the confidence interval. Finally, we'll know.

I've got a Maths degree and that means square root of squat to me :)

Again I think he score 4-10 goals this season, based on his last two seasons.

Forget the maths, go with your gut instinct, how many do you think he'll score for us?

I've never seen the man play, I've not looked at his past record, I know nothing about him.

35 in 39.

I've got a Maths degree and that means square root of squat to me :)

Don't worry. I have a maths degree too and none of that came up. It's more the sort of stuff you would need to analyse large blocks of data for something like finance or market research. Usually gets done using SAS, R or Matlab.

I've never seen the man play, I've not looked at his past record, I know nothing about him.

35 in 39.

His recent past record is on here; here it is 11 in 27  2012/13 and 5 in 26 2013/14.

So with this record what goal return do you think we'll get this season?

Guest laptaowl

Has he got an EU passport , if not he will need a work permit . Without international caps for Brazil could prove difficult to complete the transfer . Assuming he does sign looks better than what we have got , deserves to be backed not crucified before he kicks a ball .