Brandao

If we sign this player I will be very happy. Sheffield Wednesday just don't sign players of this calibre and so it might be a good sign of things to come. Forget about the age, 34 is still a decent age. Look at the likes of Kevin Phillips.

Yeah, however KP had a relatively decent injury record. Can the same be said for Brandao? Anyone have an idea? According to Wikipedia he didn't play at all in 2013 or this year......

If we sign this player I will be very happy. Sheffield Wednesday just don't sign players of this calibre and so it might be a good sign of things to come. Forget about the age, 34 is still a decent age. Look at the likes of Kevin Phillips.

Im not having a pop at us signing him as i havent seen him play he must have something about him to have played for some good clubs. Just find it stange at 34 but hopefully he will compliment another younger striker we bring in.

Yeah, however KP had a relatively decent injury record. Can the same be said for Brandao? Anyone have an idea? According to Wikipedia he didn't play at all in 2013 or this year......

Wiki is never a reliable source for stats or anything else:

http://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=35789&season_id=143

5 in 26 last season 11 in 27 season before.

Without bothering to do any analysis or research whatsoever, this season he will score 35 goals in 39 appearances

any proper regression analysis, looking at the last 2 season a 4 in 23 return would be a decent projection.

35 in 39, based on what?

Without bothering to do any proper regression analysis on this, based on previous stats he will score:

4 goals in 23 appearances

Go back, do the regression analysis. Why not go the whole hog and conduct some Principal Component Analysis to ensure you have the right set of explanatory variables and not fallen foul of multicollinearity. Then check goodness of fit and compute the confidence interval. Finally, we'll know.

I wonder if there are many clubs that would turn the likes of Ryan Giggs down for a years worth of work - not saying that we should go after him but just to endorse your point Prince of Wales Pub = Three Feathers....??

You'll get accused of comparing Giggs to this new guy you know.