Player of The Year

Kirkland should win it really, we just have short memories. For the first 3 months there was only him who turned up. It's just the last 2 weeks he's not been at his best.

Lee had an excellent month/ 6 weeks when he came in to centre midfield, then has been a bit quiet of late and got injured for 5 weeks. 

Loovens and Gooch have also had good periods along with Maguire, Nuhiu, Semedo, Helan, Wickham.

Palmer has probably been the one consistent outfield player who has been there throughout the season.

It's been a real squad effort this year.

Lee for me, and Kirkland second. I'd possibly even put Loovens and Maguire ahead of Palmer too.

People keep saying that Lee didn't start until December, but Palmer's form as a right back didn't begin until December either.

He only played three times at right back before that Leicester home game and we lost all three with Palmer being extremely suspect in all three games too. It was the Leicester home game that Loovens made his debut and Lee his first start of the season, so I don't feel the fact that Palmer played in those first 4 months really deserves that much credit when his form during that time was below-par.

Palmer's had a fine season, but I think Lee's impact has been much greater.

Kirkland should win it really, we just have short memories. For the first 3 months there was only him who turned up. It's just the last 2 weeks he's not been at his best.

Lee had an excellent month/ 6 weeks when he came in to centre midfield, then has been a bit quiet of late and got injured for 5 weeks.

Loovens and Gooch have also had good periods along with Maguire, Nuhiu, Semedo, Helan, Wickham.

Palmer has probably been the one consistent outfield player who has been there throughout the season.

It's been a real squad effort this year.

Correct....Kirkland did turn up. But we were shipping goals on a regular basis. Say what you like about Jones, but Kirkland's best form came AFTER he (rightly or wrongly) got dropped.

For me its a throw up between Palmer and Maguire. 

I know Palmer has played a lot more games, but I think if we take out Maguire's goals, we would still be in a relegation dogfight.  So on that basis, I'm voting for Maguire. 

Palmer for consistency, enthusiasm, not hiding, not letting results get to him and giving it a go every match hes played.

And hes about the only player in our squad that can properly cross.

Not blinded due to the fact hes one of us.

Edited by HIGHERSTATE

Palmer ?! My god !!

People watch something different to me. I've gone Kirkland.

Only other choices were Loovens Lee and Maguire but as said they haven't really played.

Palmer did ok at Rb but you could see how poor he was compared to Buxton when he returned and he is lost in midfield.

Not having a go he will be a decent rb in the future but player of the year ?! No way !

Kirkland has made some right rickets in the last month.

Also, seems to me voting the GK as the player of the season is always abit of a kop out (rather like player of the month). Just means, nobody really deserves it. Unless we have managed to keep loads of clean sheets and he's been one of the best keepers in the championship, think its abit wrong to give it the keeper.

I love nuhiu but there's no way anyone should even think about voting him

palmer, lee or kirkland are the ony ones in contention

Nuhiu's improved as the season's drawn on and although I wouldn't vote for him in my own top three, I don't think his candidacy is any more outrageous than Palmer's.

Actually, if there's a most improved player of the season award perhaps it could be between those two and Maguire.

I thought Palmer was poor at RB under DJ. He then played well at RB under Gray. He's been distinctly average since playing central midfield.

He's had a pretty decent first season at this level.

However, I'd base my vote on who's had the biggest influence for us this season.

I think Kieran Lee, Chris Kirkland and Chris Maguire have had far more influence on our season than Liam Palmer. If it wasn't for introduction of Lee & Maguire, then we could well be deep in a relegation scrap. If it wasn't for Kirkland most of the season, again we'd be in a much worse position.

It's a strange season, as it's split into two in a way. Kirkland was by far and away out best performer in the 1st half of the season and Lee & Maguire have been big keys in the 2nd half.

I'm torn between Lee & Kirkland.