Official Transfer Rumours MegaThread 2014-2015

Best is course and distance. Would a decent loan signing, and if May is to prosper he needs someone alongside him. The only reason people don't want Best back is because he's already been here, and it's a tad boring.

Best is lazy

He is indeed, I remember sitting through multiple games last year for us where he started and did absolutely nothing, only for him to pop up and simply stick it in the net when presented with the opportunity. It's an invaluable skill, one that we're lacking at present.

Edited by CoDSW3

I agree about an old head actually. Just not old and useless like GTF. 

What we could do with is someone exactly like Kevin Phillips and role that he played with Blackpool and Leicester. 

Ultimately though I can't see us getting 2 strikers so the one we do bring in hopefully can just score, no matter what age he is.

Does he though? He didn't exactly bang them in for us, at a time when the team was scoring freely.

He scored 5 goals.

He's no Jordan Rhodes, but given our budget and the fact Gray has worked with him before at Wednesday it seems realistic.

We need someone to come in and make an impact like Lita and Best did when they were on loan for the second half of the season.

He scored 5 goals.

He's no Jordan Rhodes, but given our budget and the fact Gray has worked with him before at Wednesday it seems realistic.

We need someone to come in and make an impact like Lita and Best did when they were on loan for the second half of the season.

He's probably the type and stature of striker we're going to get. Gray seemed to like him.

I just don't think he's that good or prolific. Was hoping for better personally.

Guest wilyfox

We've needed a Best/Fryatt/Lita of our own since we were promoted. To still be in the position of having to borrow a half decent striker like that after 2+1/2yrs is disappointing.

May was criticised after the wolves game for not converting chances that he had created for him (only time he's really had it imo), just wondering why you've never given him credit for scoring goals in games where he had very little to no service.

I just get the impression you either think he should be creating chances for himself, or you've imagined chances he's had that didn't actually happen.

I'm not saying he hasn't missed chances he should have put away, he has, every striker has. But do you honestly think he got enough service when we had Semedo and Coke in midfield?

Well the Leeds game is one that springs to mind, but as you say, all strikers miss chances. He isn't the type to create chances for himself so he does need service, and the right type of player alongside him. You can see he's a good finisher and if we can get all the pieces in place, we'll have a decent striker on our hands

Don't get the clamour for Best on here. He scored 4 goals in 15 league games for us and at a time when we were scoring for fun. Not good enough for Blackburn, not good enough for derby, was surplus to requirements for Newcastle after only making a handful of appearances. He's never scored more than 10 in a championship season too. I genuinely think its because we have been starved of a good centre forward for such a long time we think very average players are brilliant.

There are potentially better loan prospects out there. This should have been sorted pre season though and not in January where some of the better players have already been snapped up.

Best misses chances too, players are always better when they not in our squad, that miss away at Donny last season was miles worse than any chance the current forwards have missed this season, 

Hes ok, but i want better.

regarding the nuhiu/may partnership debate a few posts back, its worth noting they played really well together at home to Wigan, the 6 minute you tube highlights of the game show some nice bits, but not all of their link play that day. 

Don't get the clamour for Best on here. He scored 4 goals in 15 league games for us and at a time when we were scoring for fun. Not good enough for Blackburn, not good enough for derby, was surplus to requirements for Newcastle after only making a handful of appearances. He's never scored more than 10 in a championship season too. I genuinely think its because we have been starved of a good centre forward for such a long time we think very average players are brilliant.

There are potentially better loan prospects out there. This should have been sorted pre season though and not in January where some of the better players have already been snapped up.

I kinda feel the same. I like Best, although a lot of what you say is fair comment. Would he be the ideal partner for May? Or Nuhiu? He offers something different, but not that different, but he doesn't seem to have the qualities to bring the best out of our existing strikers. If we had a different set of strikers, I'd have him here in a flash, but I'd have huge reservations about him forming any sort of partnership with May or Nuhiu.

I hope we bring in someone to compliment the strikers we have, but as usual, it will probably be down to who gives us the best terms.

I kinda feel the same. I like Best, although a lot of what you say is fair comment. Would he be the ideal partner for May? Or Nuhiu? He offers something different, but not that different, but he doesn't seem to have the qualities to bring the best out of our existing strikers. If we had a different set of strikers, I'd have him here in a flash, but I'd have huge reservations about him forming any sort of partnership with May or Nuhiu.

I hope we bring in someone to compliment the strikers we have, but as usual, it will probably be down to who gives us the best terms.

I don't know if he would compliment My or Nuhui. Doesn't see to have the best work rate, bit of a poacher (without a poachers record) and ok link up play, can't really see how he would improve us. Would only take as a last resort really if we needed to bolster the squad (which we do) and nobody else was available. Most other championship clubs have many more strikers than us. We basically have May and Nuhui and Lavery who hasn't played 20 league games. Just not good enough in terms of depth really and arguably quality.

1/3 Watford boss Slavisa Jokanovic says #SWFC transfer target Lewis McGugan is not part of his plans and is free to leave the club.

2/3 Jokanovic said: “We are going to try and find the best solution for Lewis and for us." Watford will consider any offers for him. #SWFC

3/3 I have been told LM would prefer a permanent move over another loan deal. Wants long-term security at his age. Watch this space. #SWFC

Comon now MM strike while the iron is hot