Official Transfer Rumours MegaThread 2014-2015

Brentford striker having a good season so far banged in a couple

Well we could have gambled on him like Brentford did. A few suggested him on here when he was at Luton, personally I thought for that money, it was too much of a risk. Didn't realise we'd gamble the same amount on Stevie May though. Ah well.

Well we could have gambled on him like Brentford did. A few suggested him on here when he was at Luton, personally I thought for that money, it was too much of a risk. Didn't realise we'd gamble the same amount on Stevie May though. Ah well.

didn't he cost 1.2 million Edited by bladeshater

Guest Sean Gemmell

Mate of mine who does some scouting for Arsenal reckons they are VERY interested in Westwood.

😂😂😂

Put the noose away. He's only scored 2 goals more than May. If we include the incorrectly disallowed goal vs. Bolton, that's 1 more goal than May.

Put the noose away. He's only scored 2 goals more than May. If we include the incorrectly disallowed goal vs. Bolton, that's 1 more goal than May.

He has twice the amount already and he scares defenders in a way that May doesn't look capable of. Not saying I would have gambled on him at the time, but then spending every penny on Stevie May was maybe not such a good idea also

He has twice the amount already and he scares defenders in a way that May doesn't look capable of. Not saying I would have gambled on him at the time, but then spending every penny on Stevie May was maybe not such a good idea also

Apologies - it seems the stats in the link posted above are out of date. Just checked a more reliable website and he's on 9 goals already, which is a good deal better than our Stevie.

I don't know what the answer is with our current forwards: each offers something to the team, but they don't seem able to form an effective partnership. I think Stevie May has shown enough to suggest he could go on to be a very good Championship striker but he'll need a different partner to bring out the best in him.

Apologies - it seems the stats in the link posted above are out of date. Just checked a more reliable website and he's on 9 goals already, which is a good deal better than our Stevie.

I don't know what the answer is with our current forwards: each offers something to the team, but they don't seem able to form an effective partnership. I think Stevie May has shown enough to suggest he could go on to be a very good Championship striker but he'll need a different partner to bring out the best in him.

He actually is in double figures already However, you are absolutely right, it's about not having the right pairing that is holding us back. With the right partner alongside, yes I think May has shown that he could be the answer.

Mate of mine who does some scouting for Arsenal reckons they are VERY interested in Westwood.

Lets be honest Westwood could be first choice for a number of prem teams including Arsenal and Liverpool and they could get him for around 1m maybe 2m absolute max, no brainer

And Westwood would quadruple his wage minimum!

Just can't see him staying!

Guest Distraught!

The big story round our away and its sounds nailed on, would I lie to you?  That Gerrard will coming to us as Player/Coach next season.

Believe

He'll have to get agreement from Margaret Aspinall CBE and Trevor Hicks CBE first though.

Could be tricky!

The big story round our away and its sounds nailed on, would I lie to you?  That Gerrard will coming to us as Player/Coach next season.

Believe

nice quote from Gerrard today seems to point to him coming to Hillsborough. He added he would continue to play but not for a potential rival as he could "never contemplate" facing Liverpool