Official Transfer Rumours MegaThread 2014-2015

Guest Distraught!

nice quote from Gerrard today seems to point to him coming to Hillsborough. He added he would continue to play but not for a potential rival as he could "never contemplate" facing Liverpool

Aye, he ummed and arred long enough when Chelsea hung a big fat cheque in front of his face, didn't he?  ;-)

He has twice the amount already and he scares defenders in a way that May doesn't look capable of. Not saying I would have gambled on him at the time, but then spending every penny on Stevie May was maybe not such a good idea also

May was starved of service and feeding off scraps until McGugan and Drenthe turned up to be fair. Gray has played in an attack minded team that create chances and score plenty. I doubt Gray would have scored anymore than May in our side this season.

Guest wilyfox

Chris Burke on a permanent deal from Forest is the one I've been told today is happening.

If only...

I've wanted him the past two summers. Highly unlikely though, I'd have thought. If we're unable to do a deal for McGugan on a permanent basis, Burke is probably in the same bracket.

So just to recap then, we've lost Drenthe and McGugan, wasn't he supposed to be with us until the 20th? We've sanctioned another month for Gary Madine and send young Dieseruvwe to Chessy for month Any news of any incomings?

Don't be so impatient it's not February yet  lol

A couple of draws and we'll still not be in relegation trouble so why waste all that money on wages  :milan:

The trouble with having a punt on a player is that it's always judged in hindsight

We took a gamble on May - yet fans want to take gambles on other players

There is of course plenty of time for May to come good

Why didn't we gamble on Gray? Well, nobody would be mentioning him if he hadn't been scoring goals - and lots of those gambles don't pay off

We could look to take a punt on somebody like John Akinde at Barnet who is having a great season - but at 25 years old its the first time he has hit this type of form and theres no saying he can make the step up and maintain consistency -  but on the other hand he could be the bargain of the century.

An inspired signing or a Lidl player - nobody can foresee how the gambles will pay off

Guest wilyfox

Nothing wrong with the odd gamble, but we have so many players trying to cut their teeth at this level already. In McGugan & Drenthe we're losing two established players in their prime. I don't want kids replacing those guys. We need more proven quality similar to that we are losing.

So just to recap then, we've lost Drenthe and McGugan, wasn't he supposed to be with us until the 20th? We've sanctioned another month for Gary Madine and send young Dieseruvwe to Chessy for month Any news of any incomings?

2nd I think. Same for Drenthe.