Official Transfer Rumours MegaThread 2014-2015

Fair enough, but what state were Fryatt, Wickham & Best in before we banged them into shape? I'm sure Billy could soon get his mojo back with a few games, a couple of goals, and Stu's arm around him.

If there's interest from Stuart Gray, I wouldn't be too surprised if we ended up with him to be honest. Wednesday offered, what I would consider a decent portion of his 20k plus weekly wage to Southampton for a loan move last year, but I'm sure it was jones who was manager at the time. If they offered that now I reckon Billy would snap their hands off.

If Adkins at Reading is interested though, I would imagine he'd prefer to go there.

Guest Sheff Owl

Blackpool rumoured to be signing Andrea Orlandi and Ishmael Miller, Sam Baldock and Andy Lonergan.

Loan signings - Joe Ralls, Ben Amos and Jack Robinson

Guest Sheff Owl

SC Bastia announced this evening that they would not be signing St Étienne striker Brandao after the deal fell through.

In an initial statement, the Corsican club claimed that while they had completed a deal to sign Brandao on a one plus one year contract, that St Étienne asked for a transfer fee at the last minute in bad faith. 

St Étienne then responded with a statement of their own which said that the reason the Brandao deal had fallen through was that Les Verts demanded as a condition of the deal that SC Bastia pay in full the remainder of the transfer fee for central defender Sylvain Martial, who signed in 2012 and is currently playing for Metz.

SC Bastia then made a second and final statement disputing this part of the contract. There was a clause in the deal for Sylvain Martial which saw SC Bastia pay St Étienne €50,000 should they stay in Ligue 1 after the 2013/14 campaign. While this was of course the case, the Corsican side are refusing to pay the fee because the player is now no longer part of SC Bastia setup, a condition which, they claim, nullifies that clause in the contract.

As it stands, Bastia have made it clear that they are going to move on from Brandao and have begun negotiations over other possible targets instead. 

Guest LEGEND

Yeah assuming he would cost a few quid...not sure when his contract runs out though, might get him a little cheaper if its up next summer.

SC Bastia announced this evening that they would not be signing St Étienne striker Brandao after the deal fell through.

In an initial statement, the Corsican club claimed that while they had completed a deal to sign Brandao on a one plus one year contract, that St Étienne asked for a transfer fee at the last minute in bad faith.

St Étienne then responded with a statement of their own which said that the reason the Brandao deal had fallen through was that Les Verts demanded as a condition of the deal that SC Bastia pay in full the remainder of the transfer fee for central defender Sylvain Martial, who signed in 2012 and is currently playing for Metz.

SC Bastia then made a second and final statement disputing this part of the contract. There was a clause in the deal for Sylvain Martial which saw SC Bastia pay St Étienne €50,000 should they stay in Ligue 1 after the 2013/14 campaign. While this was of course the case, the Corsican side are refusing to pay the fee because the player is now no longer part of SC Bastia setup, a condition which, they claim, nullifies that clause in the contract.

As it stands, Bastia have made it clear that they are going to move on from Brandao and have begun negotiations over other possible targets instead.

By that logic you could sign a player for 100k now and a further £1million if you're still in the same league in 2016. Then sell him next summer and not pay them more than the £100k.

Can see why Saint Ettiene are pįssed...

lol