Official Transfer Rumours MegaThread 2014-2015

I can't believe yet again we are going into a new season with a squad lacking in depth and quality. There's every chance we will go into next Saturdays game with only 2 fit forwards. (Maguire is a winger now imo)

Exactly the same two forwards that we had available for the opening game last season. This is what ticks me off, our tardiness in the transfer market. There is nothing wrong with the three players we have signed, all three are quality for this division, but it isn't even half of the minimum requirement

Guest wilyfox

Exactly the same two forwards that we had available for the opening game last season. This is what ticks me off, our tardiness in the transfer market. There is nothing wrong with the three players we have signed, all three are quality for this division, but it isn't even half of the minimum requirement

It's exactly half, isn't it? Gray said he was allowed to recruit up to 6 new players.

Anybody would think we're in the middle of a takeover or something with the lack of transfer activity

dont come that, it's been like it for years

Crazy innit, and you would think the seasons start was only a week away the way some folks are going off

so what do you suggest we do then? If the takeover doesn't go through, were stuck with Milan, that means that we can't be competitive in the free transfer market because we all know Milan won't plow the money in. Until the takeover is complete out hands are tied.

If it wasn't for the fact that we've had a terrible pre season injury wise, we'd be ok for another few weeks. Our starting 11 is head and shoulders above what it was this time last season.

A striker must be next after the loss of Lavery, surely.

I'd imagine when this finally all gets completed, a top quality striker will be at the top of the shopping list.

But - we'll get by fine without Lavery in the meantime I'd suggest.  Think we'll only play one up top (Madine or Nuhiu) and if we do need to play two up front then Maguire and Antonio add further options as a second striker.  Not ideal I know, but I don't think much will change regarding this until the takeover is done.  I'd rather wait for a really strong striker signing then, than panic and bring in some filler now.

so what do you suggest we do then? If the takeover doesn't go through, were stuck with Milan, that means that we can't be competitive in the free transfer market because we all know Milan won't plow the money in. Until the takeover is complete out hands are tied.

If it wasn't for the fact that we've had a terrible pre season injury wise, we'd be ok for another few weeks. Our starting 11 is head and shoulders above what it was this time last season.

Exactly this. Any money Milan puts in now is dead money to him. Just money frittered away. And he isn't wealthy enough to do that.

Mammadov could forward some money, but not doing so could be confirmation that he's the sensible owner that Milan said he would be.

As frustrating as it is, that's where we are and we just have to ride it out.

It's better, though it's debatable whether it's head and shoulders above, the defence and the attack look pretty similar. Midfield is much stronger though. I don't know what we should do, it hard to figure it out as we've been told so many conflicting story's So we can't even be competitive in the free transfer market under Milan? Yet he clearly told us that the takeover wouldn't hinder recruitment? I would have thought, the three quality signings we've made so far, indicates there are good enough players out there that can be brought in under budget. We know we cannot sanction paying big fees, and I don't think anybody expects the sort of prestigious free transfer signings that actually cost an arm and a leg. As I said, the signings we have made are all good, it's just that we needed a few more. We can upgrade, if and when the takeover goes ahead.

Guest wilyfox

I'd imagine when this finally all gets completed, a top quality striker will be at the top of the shopping list.

But - we'll get by fine without Lavery in the meantime I'd suggest. Think we'll only play one up top (Madine or Nuhiu) and if we do need to play two up front then Maguire and Antonio add further options as a second striker. Not ideal I know, but I don't think much will change regarding this until the takeover is done. I'd rather wait for a really strong striker signing then, than panic and bring in some filler now.

And if the takeover drags into September and our targets move elsewhere? The time for waiting has gone. We've a season to prepare for. We should be working to a current viable budget now, and maybe use Mamma's post takeover cash in the January window if necessary.

Edited by wilyfox

I'm hoping even MM selling the club he wouldn't allow us to start the new season with only 2 fit strikers, inc. one that's not played much football in the last year. Next week might be interesting to see if any loan signings are made as that may suggest the takeover is further away than we hoped. Also to see if we'll have an away shirt next season

Guest wilyfox

We ARE working with a current viable budget now... hence the level of signings (signing on fees and wages) we have made so far.

Good, so let's sign a viable striker then whilst we're in the groove.

We probably are working to a current viable budget but none of us know what it is.

Given that for thelast two years we have lost a few million and borrowed money against the stadium I would have thought the takeover situation means numbers have been agreed and therefore a budget would not involve losing or borrowing more money. Hence budget will be lower.