Official Transfer Rumours MegaThread 2014-2015

Keith Treacy featured over thirty times for Burnley last season, a side who were in the top 6 all season.

On his day he's better than any of our wingers.

i think he's different to our wingers - can certainly deliver a cross better than ours - but i dont think he would fit in with the style of play where we seem to go for a pacy winger on one side and almost an inside forward - Maguire - on the other.

if he does join, i will obviously revise all this and welcome him with open arms but he wouldnt be on my shopping list

Keith Treacy:

Tournament      Apps Goals Assists Shots Key Passes Dribbles Fouled Offs Disp  Trn   Rating

Championship* 9(18)    2          1       0.8          0.6              0.5      0.9    0.2   0.7    0.7    6.45

Chris Maguire:

Tournament      Apps Goals Assists Shots Key Passes Dribbles Fouled Offs Disp  Trn  Rating

Championship*  23(4)    9        4         2.7        2.3             0.7        1.6     0.3  2.5    2.4   7.24

Whilst the total number of appearances is the same, there is the caveat that Maguire played more minutes - trying to find the totals - but there is nothing outstanding about his stats

He had an excellent delivery whilst he was here, which i assume remains, but i wouldn't target him as someone to come in and immediately improve the side

I've got a bit side-tracked here as i was more agreeing with Brad_owl on Varney and Holt but included Treacy as well 

Edited by db_leeds_owl

The question we need to be asking ourselves is "will this player get us to the Premier League" and also "Could they make the step"

If we recruit asking these 2 questions we will go up no doubt.

We want Premiership, then we buy top end of Champ / bottom end of Prem players. Simples.

Football has changed a lot recently, I was reading how less goals come from crosses from the wing, with the majority scored short passes in and around the box. Not sure whether this was a national or an international statistic Obviously in this country, balls aimed from the byline at the head of the centre forward are more prevalent, particularly in the lower divisions. The trend these days is for the width to be supplied by the full backs.

Football has changed a lot recently, I was reading how less goals come from crosses from the wing, with the majority scored short passes in and around the box. Not sure whether this was a national or an international statistic Obviously in this country, balls aimed from the byline at the head of the centre forward are more prevalent, particularly in the lower divisions. The trend these days is for the width to be supplied by the full backs.

Highlighted by Trippier topping the championship assist charts last season

Wtf are Rovrum playing at! Instead of looking to their promising up and coming team they've loaded the wage budget with a load of old washed up average crap. lol

To their fans maybe these seem decent signings but at this level most are crocs.

Edited by TheEnchanter

Wtf are Rovrum playing at! Instead of looking to their promising up and coming team they've loaded the wage budget with a load of old washed up average crap. lol

To their fans maybe these seem decent signings but at this level most are crocs.

They've sold 5,000 season tickets which isn't bad for a little club like them but they must have near on 40 players on books and as soon as they lose a few games most of fans that's jumped on bandwagon will soon disappear and claim they've always been Man U fans.

I don't think Tony Stewart is wealthy enough to support club once it starts going boobies up.  

If Kirkland doesn't sign a new deal...Butland on loan from Stoke anyone?

Didn't rate him when he played vs us for Birmingham the other year. But all keepers make silly errors.

He's highly rated by the England set up for a reason...if Begovic stays on at Stoke then Butland could be worth a look.

If Kirkland doesn't sign a new deal...Butland on loan from Stoke anyone?

Didn't rate him when he played vs us for Birmingham the other year. But all keepers make silly errors.

He's highly rated by the England set up for a reason...if Begovic stays on at Stoke then Butland could be worth a look.

good shout, we need to wait on Kirkland though, as I would expect him to sign a new deal.

good shout, we need to wait on Kirkland though, as I would expect him to sign a new deal.

I'm not so sure.

He says he loves it here but if a higher end championship club comes knocking the lure of money/a better chance of success may be too much for him.

I was just thinking of the 3 prem teams who got relegated & their keepers. We're fine with Fulham, their first choice will probably leave but they've got quality back up in Stockdale. I was thinking about Cardiff though, that David Marshall is attracting a lot of prem interest. If he leaves Cardiff will look for a replacement...and they don't come better (or cheaper) than Kirkland right now. 

The only player out of the ones out of contract that I'm confident about staying on is Semedo. And even then...this delay worries me.