Official Transfer Rumours MegaThread 2014-2015

Brentford sign Moses Odubajo (£1M) and Andre Gray. Brentford even throwing around a bit of money. 

Odubajo for 1m after one decent season in League One is mental.

Andre Gray is a big risk as well but did score 30+ in Conf.

Odubajo for 1m after one decent season in League One is mental.

Andre Gray is a big risk as well but did score 30+ in Conf.

Gray is this years stand out non league striker, rated better than Vardy and Austin at a similar stage. It's always a risk with players like this and before the takeover has been ratified, we cannot take that sort of risk. Brentford must have the sort of money that enables them to take that risk

Gray is this years stand out non league striker, rated better than Vardy and Austin at a similar stage. It's always a risk with players like this and before the takeover has been ratified, we cannot take that sort of risk. Brentford must have the sort of money that enables them to take that risk

I do agree but not sure about him being rated higher than Vardy and Austin. Austin didn't even play at Conf. South so not many people knew about him before his Swindon move whilst Vardy got 31 in 36 for Fleetwood. Another good player from Conf. North called Ricky Miller has just signed for Luton, probably to replace Gray, he's a really good player as well. 

We've again been linked with a move for Roger Johnson. Not sure whether it's an old story but if not it suggests to me that maybe some of our out of contract players will not be re-signing Certainly Gray said he wanted to bring the average age of the squad down Having 4 thirty something centre backs will not help

Brentford sign Moses Odubajo (£1M) and Andre Gray. Brentford even throwing around a bit of money. 

If this is the standard of player we'll be signing under HM.  We might as well not bother with the takeover.  I'm expectng a lot better.

We've again been linked with a move for Roger Johnson. Not sure whether it's an old story but if not it suggests to me that maybe some of our out of contract players will not be re-signing Certainly Gray said he wanted to bring the average age of the squad down Having 4 thirty something centre backs will not help

Roger Johnson and Glenn Loovens would be a smart move. I'd ditch going for Onyewu and turn our attention to bringing Roger Johnson back.

Johnson and Loovens are experienced at this level and play well together it seems. I'd be happy with either one of those two returning and over the moon with both of them returning.

Although we've got money now to compete at this level, these sorts of players with experience at this level are still needed and players who form good partnerships and fit in well are what we need as well regardless of age or price. If they are the right players for the team and have shown they fit in well and still got something to offer, then they would be excellent signings.

Edited by MilansMissingMarbles

Skybet

Bournemouth & Sheffield Wednesday are interested in Nottingham Forest striker Simon Cox. #afcb #swfc #nffc

He'd be an excellent acquisition, I think.

Agreed, especially if we could get the most out of him.

I disagree. Not prem class, but def top 6 quality - which we need if we're to actually get there. The likes of Cox and Reid were running the show for Forest season before last. Personally, I think it may have gone wrong for them because those two were in and out of the team last year. Players like Cox, Lee & Maguire could be part of a good footballing side.

Whoever we sign upfront, we'll need some tidy or creative players to set them up. Reid is a player I like a lot at this level. Someone experienced and tidy on the ball like him or Chris Burke would be a good signing too. Lee and Maguire showed good signs last season. A couple more players good on the ball and things will start taking shape. The spine of the team is important and a stronger more experienced spine at this level will give us a decent chance along with the takeover of finally being able to compete more at this level.

So if rumours are to be believed, once the takeover is ratified were completing the signings of;

Eagles

Howson

Roger Johnson

And are bidding for;

Jutz

Ben Marshall

So if rumours are believed, and IF they do all sign (I doubt it mind...but we have money...so IF...)

Our squad could potentially look something like this...

Kirkland

Buxton

Loovens

Johnson ©

Helan

Marshall

Howson

Lee

Eagles

Juke

Maguire/Madine/Lavery/ etc

Not bad...

Guest wilyfox

I doubt Marshall is even a target. He's moved twice in a couple of years already, and I couldn't see us signing both Eagles and Benny.

Bent, Marshall, Johnson Howson. All I can say is, if there is any truth at all in these rumours then this is beyond my wildest expectations.

In the past I may have been critical of our transfer policy as there are times we have let quality players get away for the sake of spending a couple of quid but we appear to be heading for a golden age at our club.

Hearing Darren Bent, was a whisper form a club source, but the whisper is getting louder.  

I just can't see us being able to get anywhere near his wages.

Hearing Darren Bent, was a whisper form a club source, but the whisper is getting louder.  

Guest wilyfox

Nor a fee. Can't ignore the fact Villa paid £18m for him either. Of course he's not worth that now, but even if he went for 1/3 of it that's too strong for us - and before you begin to talk wages that are also colossal. He's a prem player, simple as.

Edited by wilyfox