Sheffield derby next season?

Guest Jack52

I think somebody has been on the sherry, last time I looked at the pub league they were slopping around in pig sh**.

I had rather hoped they could achieve a play off place this season so we could have a mega thread and laugh our *ollox off at them again, fingers crossed hey!

I think Clough has a very well organised team. Lack of strength in depth might be their downfall for a play-off place. I think they will grind out a result against Charlton and want it more ... firmly expect them to be going into the next round.

Soo...no promotion this season. The difficulty will be maintaining the momentum in the close season but they will attract decent players if they go into the loan market and honestly think they will be in with a very good promotion shout next season.

I think Clough has a very well organised team. Lack of strength in depth might be their downfall for a play-off place. I think they will grind out a result against Charlton and want it more ... firmly expect them to be going into the next round.

Soo...no promotion this season. The difficulty will be maintaining the momentum in the close season but they will attract decent players if they go into the loan market and honestly think they will be in with a very good promotion shout next season.

If they reach the semi's and finish 7th, it certainly won't harm season ticket sales. What is going to kick start our season ticket drive?

... I'm not bothered. I would prefer a steady, quiet developmental close season. New contracts sorted, younger players brought on, dead wood let go and injury prone worked on and loaned out to get match fitness.. and a couple of decent-ish signings for the new season.

...the 'big' signings over the past decade occasionally work out but more often than not waste money and fail to deliver...

There was a rovrum fan on RS the other night pointing out the fact that this year a lower than average points haul (70 I believe he said) could secure 6th place, and that if the blunts beat Peterborough it would be a possibility.

Like someone else said I didn't know where they were in the league until I checked after the phone in, and was surprised where they were. 

To reach the playoffs would be a phenomenal achievement but would need a continuation of their current form until the end of the season and that's going to be difficult.

As far as the steel city derby, I like the tension, excitement and the atmosphere, this is what it's all about isn't it, if they do get promoted I will look forward to the two games and the rivalry.

However, I also like lauding it over them while ever we are in the higher division. 

There was a rovrum fan on RS the other night pointing out the fact that this year a lower than average points haul (70 I believe he said) could secure 6th place, and that if the blunts beat Peterborough it would be a possibility.

Like someone else said I didn't know where they were in the league until I checked after the phone in, and was surprised where they were. 

To reach the playoffs would be a phenomenal achievement but would need a continuation of their current form until the end of the season and that's going to be difficult.

As far as the steel city derby, I like the tension, excitement and the atmosphere, this is what it's all about isn't it, if they do get promoted I will look forward to the two games and the rivalry.

However, I also like lauding it over them while ever we are in the higher division.

A win win situation then

Last night was the first league game in this winning run against a 'decent' side, they rested players and still won comfortably I think the play offs are very achievable! I think they will beat Charlton too. Charlton will bottle it like we did against them!

I can see em sneaking into the play-offs now tbh,its always a laugh when they get in them!

I do think they look a much more organised unit now though under Clough,I don't know how any of them could have moaned about appointing him-imo they could not hope to attract a better manager in their situation.