We need to act

Guest thiscityisours

Guest Deleted member

I dont want to cause offence but changing managers does sometimes bring success - Chelsea. Tons of money I know , but their record of a manager merry go round plus winning trophys. Their systems has changed as and when different managers have come in and gone.

Since 2000 

Ranieri

Mouriniho

Grant

Scolari

Wilkins

Hiddink 

Anchelotti

AVB

Di Matteo

Benitez

Mouriniho again

League Titles - 3

Europa Cup - 1

Champions League - 1

FA Cups - 4

League Cups - 2

Community Sheilds - 3

Youth Cups - 2

Its not about the consistancy of the manager, its the way the players adapt to the manager

Since 2000

Danny Wilson

Paul Jewell

Peter Shreeves

Terry Yorath

Chris Turner

Paul sturrock

brian Laws

Alan Irvine

gary megson

Dave Jones

1 less than Chelsea

Won - F all.

Since 2000

Danny Wilson

Paul Jewell

Peter Shreeves

Terry Yorath

Chris Turner

Paul sturrock

brian Laws

Alan Irvine

gary megson

Dave Jones

1 less than Chelsea

Won - F all.

what a horrible list

btw you forgot play off trophy, something Chelsea can only dream of  :huh:

Guest Deleted member

If theres one thing you can look at to sum up how crap the last 13 years have been - its who our managers were. Id love to know how much it cost to pay these lot off

Guest Distraught!

If theres one thing you can look at to sum up how crap the last 13 years have been - its who our managers were. Id love to know how much it cost to pay these lot off

More scary than that, though I have no evidence to back this up, I suspect that employing second rate managers and coaches have cost the club something like 40 - 60 million quid over the years in lost gate revenue, poor signings, relegations and performance related prize money.

Our reluctance to employ a top class replacement for Francis when he started to struggle led to this downward spiral in my opinion. We had an opportunity to recruit a leading continental manager or coach and blew it.

Then spunking the Charterhouse money down the drain by having good old Danny Wilson in charge when that was available some years later. That should have been a handy little windfall for a competent manager to take us forward.

Edited by Distraught!

I dont want to cause offence but changing managers does sometimes bring success - Chelsea. Tons of money I know , but their record of a manager merry go round plus winning trophys. Their systems has changed as and when different managers have come in and gone.

Since 2000 

Ranieri

Mouriniho

Grant

Scolari

Wilkins

Hiddink 

Anchelotti

AVB

Di Matteo

Benitez

Mouriniho again

League Titles - 3

Europa Cup - 1

Champions League - 1

FA Cups - 4

League Cups - 2

Community Sheilds - 3

Youth Cups - 2

Its not about the consistancy of the manager, its the way the players adapt to the manager

The exception that proves the rule imo.

You could show 50+ clubs where the exact opposite is the case.

Our managerial revolving door policy has produced 4 winning seasons in 20.

I know it doesn't help the players but we need to show Milan from the start on Saturday that we want jones out, other managers have been sacked for less eg; megson & irvine

JONES OUT!!!!

just stay home and tidy your bedroom!!

I'm really not a jones fan.I like the term scatter gun approach that someone used the other day.Sums him up.

He could really try so much more to get the fans on side.The fact he doesn't try makes me take to him even less.

But saying that I think his approach has finally hit something like it did last year.If he can just tweak a few things we could improve even more.

I would give him a few more games yet.But we'll have to draw a line somewhere.

Guest ozzyowl

Tbh i dn't think DJ is the right man, but who else is there on the budget he's got who would come here?

Hate to say it but on saturday i got the feeling there was a few fans on the back of the kop hoping for Donny to score so they could start chanting against DJ.

We dnt need it, we need to stick together and hope we can stay up on the budget he has to put up with.

I'm really not a jones fan.I like the term scatter gun approach that someone used the other day.Sums him up.

He could really try so much more to get the fans on side.The fact he doesn't try makes me take to him even less.

But saying that I think his approach has finally hit something like it did last year.If he can just tweak a few things we could improve even more.

I would give him a few more games yet.But we'll have to draw a line somewhere.

Out of interest, what things could he be doing more?