We need to act

Guest thiscityisours

Guest thiscityisours

I know it doesn't help the players but we need to show Milan from the start on Saturday that we want jones out, other managers have been sacked for less eg; megson & irvine

JONES OUT!!!!

I know it doesn't help the players but we need to show Milan from the start on Saturday that we want jones out, other managers have been sacked for less eg; megson & irvine

JONES OUT!!!!

hahahahahahahaha

hahahahahahahahahahaha

ha

hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

haha :tango:

Guest Distraught!

JONES OUT!!!!

I guess that is really going to help the situation in what is likely to be a very difficult game! :dry:

I'm probably in the minority but I feel sacking DJ now would do more harm than good plus as history tells us countless managers over the last decade or so have struggled here which suggests perhaps other things have to change other than managers first, budgets, infrastructure etc.?

Guest Distraught!

I'm probably in the minority but I feel sacking DJ now would do more harm than good plus as history tells us countless managers over the last decade or so have struggled here which suggests perhaps other things have to change other than managers first, budgets, infrastructure etc.?

Agreed!

In my opinion, the only thing that can stop the downward spiral we have suffered since the early 1990's is a chairman with the gonads to go out and recruit a top class manager or coach and then give them the resources to do the job. Anything else is just re-arranging deckchairs.

I dont want to cause offence but changing managers does sometimes bring success - Chelsea. Tons of money I know , but their record of a manager merry go round plus winning trophys. Their systems has changed as and when different managers have come in and gone.

Since 2000 

Ranieri

Mouriniho

Grant

Scolari

Wilkins

Hiddink 

Anchelotti

AVB

Di Matteo

Benitez

Mouriniho again

League Titles - 3

Europa Cup - 1

Champions League - 1

FA Cups - 4

League Cups - 2

Community Sheilds - 3

Youth Cups - 2

Its not about the consistancy of the manager, its the way the players adapt to the manager

Guest Distraught!

I dont want to cause offence but changing managers does sometimes bring success - Chelsea. Tons of money I know , but their record of a manager merry go round plus winning trophys. Their systems has changed as and when different managers have come in and gone.

Since 2000 

Ranieri

Mouriniho

Grant

Scolari

Wilkins

Hiddink 

Anchelotti

AVB

Di Matteo

Benitez

Mouriniho again

League Titles - 3

Europa Cup - 1

Champions League - 1

FA Cups - 4

League Cups - 2

Community Sheilds - 3

Youth Cups - 2

Its not about the consistancy of the manager, its the way the players adapt to the manager

I would wager a bet that, if they had stuck with Mourinho the first time around like Man Utd. stuck with Ferguson and Arsenal stuck with Wenger, they would have won many more trophies by now. I bet Sir Alex felt a little bit relieved when Mourinho was shown the door!

I just dont get it, do we think Milan is sat there thinking "I do really want to sack Dave but the fans love him so I can't?"

If he was going to sack him, he would have done by now, but he wont if his intentions are genuinely to sell the club because cancelling Jones' contract would cost good money, as would replacing him with anybody better.

All of that aside, shouting and chanting for a managers head at games just makes us all look a complete set of bellends, and is of no benefit to anybody.

We've got to eventually let a manager run with the job and create something here. Fans are so quick to demand a change in management, owner, playing staff etc. But then moan theres no loyalty in football.

Plenty were baying for jones head last season and he turned it around. In fact, it was only a mental run of results that kept us from being able to pull away from the drop zone earlier. That wont happen this season.

As for comparing manager changes - chelsea is ridiculous. They attract the best managers each time and have loads of money to chuck at it. We dont

Since 2000

Ranieri

Mouriniho

Grant

Scolari

Wilkins

Hiddink

Anchelotti

AVB

Di Matteo

Benitez

Mouriniho again

League Titles - 3

Europa Cup - 1

Champions League - 1

FA Cups - 4

League Cups - 2

Community Sheilds - 3

Youth Cups - 2

No offence taken mate but as you've already said Chelsea had a lot of money to change Managers constantly and bring in the type of players we can only dream of. We are so far away from their set-up it's untrue.

Totally agree with Distraught's view that when you select a Manager you have to not only totally believe in him, you have to provide the necessary support to give the manager the opportunity to do his job. If the Manager has the necessary backing and still fails to deliver then whether or not he stays in the job becomes a totally different situation.

For me several Managers here at S6 have struggled in the role for a variety of reasons over the last decade or so and until one gets a fair crack of the whip from all directions of the club then they have precious little chance of delivering the success all Wednesday fans crave.

Guest Distraught!

As for comparing manager changes - chelsea is ridiculous. They attract the best managers each time and have loads of money to chuck at it. We don't

It benefits no-one.

I believe even Chelsea have suffered for it.

Yes, they have gone on to win more trophies but I strongly believe that if they had held onto Mourinho the first time, they could have carried on dominating English football still further.

As for comparing manager changes - chelsea is ridiculous. They attract the best managers each time and have loads of money to chuck at it. We dont

Can't remember which one it was, but they had to pay somebody about £6 million when they sacked him aswell.

I'd imagine quite a few of those managers cost more than a decent championship striker in fees when they were sacked, people seem to act like money just isnt an issue.

whilst i stick up for DJ the main issue is his likeablity to be here for the long term, thats something i dont think he has and what would be my main consideration when considering change at the club.

Think a SWFC manager needs to be charismatic and down to earth... who there is that fits that mould is another matter