Michail Antonio and Jeremy Helan

Guest Sheff Owl

Guest Sheff Owl

What have we done to these two players?

Last season both were on the wing and creating chances, bursting down the wing and having an effect.

This season both look poor and look totally different players.

This formation is flipping useless and it's not getting the best from any of the players, you are supposed to play to the strengths of the players yet we are trying to push/pull them in to a formation and it's clearly not working.

Antonio has never been a Striker, doesn't look like a Striker and looks fed up, he can't hold the ball, he can't pass the ball and falls over a lot, his confidence looks shot yet continue with him in this stupid position instead of trying to instill some confindence and get him back on wing and let him do what we know he can do.

As for Jeremey Helan he is currently offering nothing, last season he was effective this season he is just not with it, again like Antonio his touch is awful, his passing is rubbish, he runs straight into players, it's just madness.

Having pace is fine, Antonio, JJ and Helan but they all struggle to hold the ball, pass, dribble, cross and shoot - what flipping hope have we got??

What a mess.

what I find annoying is it seems Antonio is bulletproof. Never taken off, never dropped, he has been awful lately and needs a kick up the arse. Not just he's played out of position but doesn't look bothered and plays at the moment like a blind Walrus wearing flippers.

Helan didn't pull up any trees last season either. He's really one dimensional, and struggles with his final ball.

Antonio isn't having fun at all, its a bit strange how miserable he seems. I'm not sure that it's just playing up front instead of on the wing, he seems really distressed by how bad the football we are playing is.

We've ruined Antonio - simple as that.

(When I say 'we' I mean Jones).

This ^^^^^^ Jones has runied Antonio. Surely we would be better off if using the current tactics to have Helan and Antonio on the wings but putting balls in behind full backs for these two to run onto. I said to the young un see how many passes Wednesday can put together and we struggled to get to five.

Last season helan was effective?? The same helan who scored 1 goal and no assists last season despite playing god knows how many games. He's s h i t. As for Antonio, he's really struggling but he needs to be played in his right position, he's better at beating players and crossing the ball in for the strikers. Round pegs in round holes DJ said, why not listen to his own advice??

Edited by The Stannington Owl

DJ should stick to what he knows...4-4-fookin-2

all this 4231 BS is killing us. 6'6" giant up top with no service. Wingers that can't/don't cross. Centre-mids that aren't worth a shuffle.

Megson brought Antonio to the club, can't blame Dave for that one.

Helan at £600,000 or so was one for the future. Coming from Man City academy says he has potential.

Who do we blame for Antonio being played out of position then?

It's alright Helan "having potential" but when does it start paying off? I really hope we didn't spend 600k on him.

Jones is doing a great job of ruining Antonio, whilst he still has this deluded vision of him becoming a good striker.

Yet he did great on the wing the past season and a half for us. It's flipping ridiculous, talk about fixing something that aint broke!

And Helan is too hit or miss for me, had some good games last year but a lot of anonymous ones. Still we shouldve signed someone better.

If Helan was 600k it is a criminal waste of money. We dont need potential was need decent players now!

Edited by swfc-dan