Olofinjana & Lita - SWFC then serious promotion contenders ?

It is absolutely pointless guessing where we will finish by the standards of our squad due to the unpredictability of football and the nature of our league especially, which is why i shall reserve any judgement until about a month in and you should too. We could have an incredible start by beating QPR and all you lot will be claiming that we will win the league etc. or we will lose and you will all be saying we're doomed.

We need a midfielder and striker just to make sure we can adequately battle relegation.

As it is we're dead certs to go down.

Talk of promotion is ridiculous.

Stick to collecting programs and watching the U-12's pal.

What utter nonsense.

Edited by owlZfan84

It is absolutely pointless guessing where we will finish by the standards of our squad due to the unpredictability of football and the nature of our league especially, which is why i shall reserve any judgement until about a month in and you should too. We could have an incredible start by beating QPR and all you lot will be claiming that we will win the league etc. or we will lose and you will all be saying we're doomed.

Isn't that contradicting yourself a bit ?  :wacko:

Holden s apparently a good player, but the couple of games I saw him in he didn't look upto speed at all. But then, he wasn't was he?

Anyway, the only effect I think he had here was negative

:blink: 

I think we'll get a striker on loan today (think Lita will come back for the season), and no-one for CM until deadline day, probably another young PL loan signing.

What I hope we don't get is another journeyman striker on a part season loan, I'd rather the three we have get a chance. 

Olofinjana is not what we need. Either get a creative CM or forget about it.

No i'm saying we should wait for a bit to make any judgements whatsoever on our team and the league, even then it is still impossible to tell where we will finish

To be fair, ItalianOwl is reyt. 

Let's actually see how they perform before we start to kick off, or go into optimism over drive. 

Then Owlstalk would cease to exist.

Wont create enough goals to mount a challenge in my opinion, consistent delivery will still be a problem.

Make the right loan moves and we should certainly have enough to do better than last year though,  a nice comfortable mid table would be more than enough for me.

Yes that's true, Olofinjana is a defensive midfielder, something we need, and although he probably has more to offer going forward than his British counterparts, we'd still need to add some creativity. Coulibaly certainly seemed to have more in terms of creativity, more of a passer if you like. Who knows, that might be the role earmarked for Maghoma. Most seem to think that he was signed as a winger, but maybe he could play the role just behind the front man. If not, this is something we can address through the loan system.

Agree.

Apologies to all involved for any offence and upset caused.

Still think, with the squad we have now, we'd be deep in the doo-doo.

Desperate for a midfielder and strikes, at least.

Keep the faith Kivo. We are a lot better this season with the way we have gone about business than you think. If we are certain for relegation this season we would have been relegated already.