Olofinjana & Lita - SWFC then serious promotion contenders ?

With the likely addition of the above and shrewd loan moves throughout the season (young, hungry & sharp prem fringe players) is it a genuine possibility that we could make a serious challenge.

I would say there is every chance

Exciting times either way 

We need a midfielder and striker just to make sure we can adequately battle relegation.

As it is we're dead certs to go down.

Talk of promotion is ridiculous.

Dead certs? Think you're the one been ridiculous. The squad we have now is essentially the one that based on the second half of the season would have been comfortably mid table.

Guest wilyfox

I'm not convinced Lita is a primary target, and i'd question Olofinjana's ability to recover from games in quick succession avoiding injury. They are the type of players we need, but i'm not so sure it'll be those guys in particular..  

The squad we have now is essentially the one that based on the second half of the season would have been comfortably mid table.

Plus improvements in all identified weaker areas (assuming another CM & Striker brought in). If we maintained the form post Christmas last year for a full season that would easy put us right up there 

With the likely addition of the above and shrewd loan moves throughout the season (young, hungry & sharp prem fringe players) is it a genuine possibility that we could make a serious challenge.

I would say there is every chance

Exciting times either way

Think your way too optimistic. We just have to try and improve. IMO mid table wud b a real achievement. You've really got to consider some of the quality a lot of champ teams have in their ranks, we really can't challenge considering the transfer fees n wages they r spending

C'mon lads. Get the rose tints off and really look at our squad. We are okay - not great, not good, we are on a par with teams in the bottom 3rd of the league.

Add that to our playing style - unless dramatic changes have taken place over the summer, regardless of who we've signed, we won't be doing anything other than battling relegation!

We need a midfielder and striker just to make sure we can adequately battle relegation.

As it is we're dead certs to go down.

Talk of promotion is ridiculous.

Dont get how you say we are dead certs for relegation when the season hasnt even started. Plus we werent that far from the playoffs last season.

A player that DJ rates.

Not a player that he took on loan and ended up putting on the bench.

Fair point but could have been horses for courses or ££ terms of loan for starts made etc

I think he will be very hard pushed to find a proven 1 in 3 striker at this level who is available and hungry. But then as you say, that is his job, not mine ;-)

He went for Chopra and ended up with Nimninimnimnim, so I still feel like we will sign a "poacher" style centre forward, to compliment what we already have; a large target man, a clever brain and Madine