Olofinjana & Lita - SWFC then serious promotion contenders ?

Shame none of this depth you speak of are quality..

Ok maybe premiership quality yes you are right, but compared to what we have had over the last 10 years or so, we are making steady progress including strength in depth. Dont get me wrong, we aint the finished article but we are slowly making improvements in our squad including the development squad. A few more additions we will deffo look a lot more competitive this time round.

I thought the same but it proved To be too much players in too short a time and then DJ took nearly 5 months to work out what was our best team. I think he has worked out the best formula for our team which we are slowly working on and should hopefully set us on the right path staring against qpr.

We'll no doubt bring in a couple of loans to fill the midfield and striker positions we need.

I spose we might end up with better players in those positions than if we'd signed two players now but its a shame we have to kick off the season without a full strength side.

I can't see us battling relegation this season but the football needs to be better.I need to be entertained.Its not all about getting up at all costs.

I don't think we'll finish top six though because there are too many teams that can outspend us but its always possible we could sneak in with a lot of luck.Someone usually does.

I thought the same but it proved To be too much players in too short a time and then DJ took nearly 5 months to work out what was our best team. I think he has worked out the best formula for our team which we are slowly working on and should hopefully set us on the right path staring against qpr.

Are we just staring against QPR or will we be doing some serious pointing as well?

We need a midfielder and striker just to make sure we can adequately battle relegation.

As it is we're dead certs to go down.

Talk of promotion is ridiculous.

Yet another decent thread started with an optimistic feel to it killed by this whining moaning sod, this is on the back of two signings as well.

'Dead certs to go down' - stick to train spotting Kivo.

On yesterday's showing against a top team in the division, yes if we get Lita and someone to boss midfield we will be very hard to beat.

Coke was the invisible man and Prutton brought back memories of the crab man Darren Potter with some of his passing.

Nihui needs a partner in crime otherwise they'll just double team him like the second half yesterday. Imagine if they had Lita to worry about aswell?

Not to mention when we have both our first choice fullbacks in the team. Dont underrate the difference that will make. I will welcome QPR ti Hillsborough later in the season for sure.

Edited by osowl

On yesterday's showing against a top team in the division, yes if we get Lita and someone to boss midfield we will be very hard to beat.

Coke was the invisible man and Prutton brought back memories of the crab man Darren Potter with some of his passing.

Nihui needs a partner in crime otherwise they'll just double team him like the second half yesterday. Imagine if they had Lita to worry about aswell?

Not to mention when we have both our first choice fullbacks in the team. Dont underrate the difference that will make. I will welcome QPR ti Hillsborough later in the season for sure.

This post is spot on . Only problem i have is going on that side we put out yesterday who gets dropped for lita?

Before anyone gets too excited... Can we go back to the start of last season and look how began the season. Making wild predictions at this stage is very foolish. I'm not a big fan of DJ but even he must see what is needed to bolster the team. Having said that he thought slothroyd would add something.

2 CMs and a striker and our side would be looking very strong. As it is we are clearly weak in the middle of the pitch, but we should have enough to steer clear of trouble. Remains to be seen if we have room in the budget: Does FFP allow a £5m loss this season?

Our side would look strong but squad wise we wouldn't. Just look who qpr had on the bench yesterday. It's irrelevant as I can't see us spending anything (even £375k) on 3 QUALITY players. It will be loan players again. (Not saying you can't get quality loan players but they can be a gamble)