Gary Madine

Guest Maverick26

Guest Gareth Dickson

i love how people call madine useless yet mourned the loss of some journeyman lump now residing in barnsley

Classic :) So true !!

Keep reading give him good service and he will score goals!! What flippingstriker in the world wouldn't score goals with good service. Oh he's a poacher etc, load of balls. His movement isn't good enough. He rarely creates anything for himself and rarely scores from outside the box. Stick Hirst up top at his age and give him "good service" and he would bang em in. Lots of laughable comments on this thread.

Beholder, roger off and find something else to do with your time cos it's people like you the club or Madine don't need.

Thing is you forget Madine was the main goal scorer when we was promoted.

Tbh i think the reason Madine did so sh/t last year was the constant criticism from Beholder.

We all know Gary reads Owsltalk.

We would have finished at least 5 places up in the league if it wasn't for Beholder.

**** you Beholder

If Madine would put as much effort in to being in the right place to score as he does throwing his hands in the air and complaining to the ref and picking himself up off the floor after some lightweight opposition midfielder has tangled with him then we might have a half decent player.

BUT he won't.

Fact is he is not good enough for the championship.

I lost count the number of times that Lewis Buxton (all hail the Lewis) was further up the field than Madine while the latter was doing his stuttering steps run towards the box never to get there before play broke down.

How many chances does he get, he has already had too many.

I think by the end of September even the most staunch Madine lover will be calling for him to go.

If Madine would put as much effort in to being in the right place to score as he does throwing his hands in the air and complaining to the ref and picking himself up off the floor after some lightweight opposition midfielder has tangled with him then we might have a half decent player.

BUT he won't.

I lost count the number of times that Lewis Buxton (all hail the Lewis) was further up the field than Madine while the latter was doing his stuttering steps run towards the box never to get there before play broke down.

I think by the end of September even the most staunch Madine lover will be calling for him to go.

You've made that up....

BUT he won't.

utter bo llox

Too many drama queens going OTT about Lita's 5 goals in 17 games in a row, some of the same going OTT against Madine after he scored 5 in 14 games that were anything like in a row. I can't ever remember Madine playing six on the trot without scoring. If Big Dave did that for Madine it would show his commitment to MM's investment and Madine's potential to be much better.  

For Lita it was ok not to score in six, but Madine got dropped twice after scoring goals in games when the team were playing like donkeys. He also made the vital goal to end that run, by taking out the keeper against Barnsley, for COG to score.

Lita got nothing but praise even during his 6 match on the trot goal drought, Madine got nothing but criticism even when he played well. 

As I mentioned before I heard that DJ can't wait to get rid of Madine and MM does not want to sell him. Where does that leave us, never mind Madine? From last season's evidence i could imagine that there is more than just a bit of truth in this one, but hopefully DJ and Madine will have turned over a new leaf, shook hands and are set to blow us all away with a goal fest this season. 

Guest JonTheOwl66

And he didn't score any fro Treacey crosses either, but let his fans carry on blaming lack of service for his ineptitude.

I think the point is Madine's most prolific spell came when Ben Marshall was playing for us.

Make of that what you will.

Guest Fedor

I think the point is Madine's most prolific spell came when Ben Marshall was playing for us.

Make of that what you will.

The point is Madines best form came in the division below, make of that what you will.