Gary Madine

Guest Maverick26

That would make sense. If I was Madine I would get myself off twitter. In fact again it's bad management from Jones. All players should be banned from twitter.

Surely that could also be classed as bad man management?

For the first time in over a decade we've got a number of young players who if they fulfill thier undoubted potential could be fantastic players for this club for years to come.

We have relentless posts like these writing Madine off.

In the last few weeks I've read posts slating Madine, Maguire, Helan and stating that Cory and McCabe are not good enough.

I've even seen posters even criticising Antonio Lee and Reda.

I don't really frequent other teams forums so I don't know if this is just a Wednesday thing but It seems a large majority are just in default negative mode.

I fail to see where these posters find their enjoyment at the match.

I remember the dark days and the good days.

We are in a position slowly building this club back up.

We've got the best manager for years and I think he's using these players perfectly and if sparingly at times it gives them or should give them the desire to progress.

Jones bringing back players like Coke and Prutton sends a clear message that anyone will get a chance if they perform and apply themselves.

We had amazing form second half of last season, United are a shambles and we look forward to a season in what I think is a fantastic division for a spectator.

Sheffield Wednesday football club doesn't feel like a negative place for me for the first time in years: If some of you can't be happy now, I don't know when you will be.

Good points (if a little overly romantic)  :biggrin:

From memory, I think Madine only scored 2 goals that were assisted by Marshall, so a bit of a myth that he thrived playing in the same team as him

That wasn't really my point though, was it?

That's why I said Marshall/Treacy etc...

It's no myth that Madine scored 19(?) in league one where he missed a good chunk of the season through injury.

You don't become a bad striker over night. Towards the end of the season, in and around the Barnsley game at home I was impressed by Madine. Showed good touches, movement and awareness and I think he's vastly underrated. 

Like I said, the boy needs service. He's can't be a 20 goal a season striker without that.

Guest Fedor

From memory, I think Madine only scored 2 goals that were assisted by Marshall, so a bit of a myth that he thrived playing in the same team as him

And he didn't score any fro Treacey crosses either, but let his fans carry on blaming lack of service for his ineptitude.

Too inconsistent , not good off the pitch and unfortunately we should say goodbye - cant be sentimental at this level - thanks for the promotion season, good luck and good bye

He's 22 years old. What level of consistency are you looking for - on that basis we should also get shut of palmer McCabe corry Helan for a start cos they are by no means consistent. Chuck Antonio in there as well and hey presto - we've binned all our youngest players with potential on the basis of being inconsistent - progress.......

Edited by ka58

And he didn't score any fro Treacey crosses either, but let his fans carry on blaming lack of service for his ineptitude.

Forget Marshall & Treacy. My overall point was the service Madine received in the promotion season was a whole lot better than this season...

How many goals did he create for himself? I can't think of any. 

There's a reason none of our strikers scored many this season.

Edited by FlyingOwl

He's 22 years old. What level of consistency are you looking for - on that basis we should also get shut of palmer McCabe corry Helan for a start cos they are by no means consistent. Chuck Antonio in there as well and hey presto - we've binned all our youngest players with potential on the basis of being inconsistent - progress.......

He was fairly consistent in being less than good enough last season.

Guest Fedor

Forget Marshall & Treacy. My overall point was the service Madine received in the promotion season was a whole lot better than this season...

And theres a reason Madines return was poor.

Do you think he is that good that we should build a team and formation around him?

Guest Fedor

I'll say it 'till I'm blue in the face. . .

Madine will score 20+ this season if he gets the right service.

He's 6ft+, he's not a creative striker, he's a poacher. It's very rare that he scores from outside the box. 90% of his goals for us have been when the chance is gift wrapped for him by Marshall/Treacy etc...

With the right service he'll be a great striker for us.

lol lol lol

The level he showed in L1 would be good

And theres a reason Madines return was poor.

Do you think he is that good that we should build a team and formation around him?

No.

I'm saying he's got serious potential if we utilise his strengths correctly. 

Last season was his first season in this league, and I really don't think he got a decent enough run in the side to prove his worth.

There's a reason none of our strikers got into double figures last season. 

But hey ho, everyone loves a scapegoat. 

The level he showed in L1 would be good

Wouldn't it just - but he's 22yrs old stepping up from l1 to championship for first time. What did you want?

It might be that long term you're proved right - no one knows - but writing Madine off at this stage is just daft.

He's got more future potential than anyone at the club bar Antonio for me.

Guest Fedor

No.

I'm saying he's got serious potential if we utilise his strengths correctly. 

Last season was his first season in this league, and I really don't think he got a decent enough run in the side to prove his worth.

There's a reason none of our strikers got into double figures last season. 

But hey ho, everyone loves a scapegoat. 

Nobodies making him a scapegoat, but ironically you are making the rest of the team scapegoats for Madines poor showing last season. Why should he get a decent run in the team if he wasn't performing?

I don't think last season affected Madine's confidence and if anything he is too over-confident (being outspoken that he's going to be the Newcastle #9 in a matter of years). He really needs to knuckle down and not let his ego or personal life get the better of him. He's proved nothing at Championship level...yet!

Guest Gareth Dickson

Beholder, rumble off and find something else to do with your time cos it's people like you the club or Madine don't need.

Thing is you forget Madine was the main goal scorer when we was promoted.