Gary Madine

Guest Maverick26

Other than his 20+ season 2 years ago what has he done? .

Bit cheeky that "2 years ago" quote. His 20 goal season may have started 2 years ago, but only finished 1 year (and a bit ago).

This time last year Madine was coming off the back of his best season as a player, a season that saw his goals help us get promoted. Last season he was a yound striker looking to make a step up in his career, and on the face of it, struggled.

Last year wasnt his make or break year, it was his "get used to the better league year".

THIS season is his make or break year in his Owls career. He obviously needs to improve, and he has the tools to do so. He just needs to knuckle down and make it happen through shear hard work.

Madine is a goal scorer who relies on service. Once he starts missing chance after chance supplied by crosses I will say he is not good enough. Grant Holt.

Grant Holt is a Bustling in your face hand full 

Madine just thinks he is .

I like Madine but he needs to man the flip up 

Guest Maverick26

Madine is our most gifted player and it is about time Jones stopped signing fast wingers with no end product.

I'll say it 'till I'm blue in the face. . .

Madine will score 20+ this season if he gets the right service.

He's 6ft+, he's not a creative striker, he's a poacher. It's very rare that he scores from outside the box. 90% of his goals for us have been when the chance is gift wrapped for him by Marshall/Treacy etc...

With the right service he'll be a great striker for us.

From memory, I think Madine only scored 2 goals that were assisted by Marshall, so a bit of a myth that he thrived playing in the same team as him

Guest Edward_Teach

For the first time in over a decade we've got a number of young players who if they fulfill thier undoubted potential could be fantastic players for this club for years to come.

We have relentless posts like these writing Madine off.

In the last few weeks I've read posts slating Madine, Maguire, Helan and stating that Cory and McCabe are not good enough.

I've even seen posters even criticising Antonio Lee and Reda.

I don't really frequent other teams forums so I don't know if this is just a Wednesday thing but It seems a large majority are just in default negative mode.

I fail to see where these posters find their enjoyment at the match.

I remember the dark days and the good days.

We are in a position slowly building this club back up.

We've got the best manager for years and I think he's using these players perfectly and if sparingly at times it gives them or should give them the desire to progress.

Jones bringing back players like Coke and Prutton sends a clear message that anyone will get a chance if they perform and apply themselves.

We had amazing form second half of last season, United are a shambles and we look forward to a season in what I think is a fantastic division for a spectator.

Sheffield Wednesday football club doesn't feel like a negative place for me for the first time in years: If some of you can't be happy now, I don't know when you will be.

i love how people call madine useless yet mourned the loss of some journeyman lump now residing in barnsley

At the moment, COG is at least twice as effective as Madine in the Championship.

That might change in the future, but if you were picking a team to start against QPR, I'd rather have COG than Madine.

It all depends on how much Madine wants it, if he trains hard and knuckles down to the job he could be a great asset to this football club, if he arses about then he will waste his career like many before him.

I hope it's the former rathef than the latter.

Make or break season if DJ gives him the opportunity.

Guest Fedor

i love how people call madine useless yet mourned the loss of some journeyman lump now residing in barnsley

COG proved he was able in the Championshipp last season.

Did Madine?

How come all the Madine fanboys blame everyone but Madine for his lack of effort last season?

Had our league position been healthier during last season Madine might have been given more opportunities & might have come good.

Unfortunately he didn't show enough during the few opportunities he did get. At the end of the day we only see him on match days, DJ sees him day in & day out on the training pitch & makes his team selection on this as well as match performance.

For me if his training effort & demeanour mirrors match day then there's no wonder he didn't get many opportunities.

Edited by mogbad