Here come the new signings...

We've shown before, we are able to go out and procure quality loans, so that may be a route we go down rather than signing McPhail and Davies. The only thing with those type of loans, anyone loaning us the likes of Wickham ect, would expect them to start every week. Fair enough, you would expect someone of that quality to be a regular starter, however if we have to upset the balance of the side, then it's not good. Even when we had Wickham, there were times when DJ preferred to go with just Lita up front.

No, actually it's quite reassuring that at the end of June, we're getting together to discuss what we might need in terms of new additions.

Good news.

Hopefully, the out of contract players will also let us know in good time what they're doing, to allow us to have another meeting, and see how the position has changed.

Then, having a clear picture of who is going, we can then have another meeting to see which potential targets we actually are going to talk to.

I am sure the same happens at every club.

Eventually, all clubs then go into the last few weeks of pre-season for the usual bunfight over players.

It's reassuring that this is what has happened in previous years, and we aren't doing anything unusual.

There can't be many out of contract / released players already talking to clubs surely? And if there are, then surely we're already involved in those discussions?

Assuming we've already had an earlier meeting, to discuss who we potentially want to talk to, based on ifs, buts, and maybe scenarios identified at that time.

This is how it works right?

........or we have already spoken to the players we're after, agreed deals, but are waiting until July to sign them so we save a months wages.

We've shown before, we are able to go out and procure quality loans, so that may be a route we go down rather than signing McPhail and Davies. The only thing with those type of loans, anyone loaning us the likes of Wickham ect, would expect them to start every week. Fair enough, you would expect someone of that quality to be a regular starter, however if we have to upset the balance of the side, then it's not good. Even when we had Wickham, there were times when DJ preferred to go with just Lita up front.

I think if we were to sign 4 quality additions, then effective use of loans as per last few seasons, we should be right. I would be happy with that.

Building on the team that finished the second half of the season?

That's going to be difficult seeing as about 5 of them were on loan and not our players to start with.

It's going to be another anticlimax of a season again.

They're not though are they, really?

If you keep up to date with transfer dealings of the football league you'll notice that they are, really.

Barnsley ... 3 signings so far

Bolton ... 3 so far

Derby ... 3 so far

Forest ... 2 so far

Charlton ... 1 so far

Reading ... 3 so far

Blackburn ... 4 so far

Birmingham ... 5 so far

Ipswich ... 4 so far

Leeds ... 2 so far

Do I need to carry on ? As I am getting bored...

As usual, we are late to act, will lose out on the better players, limiting our recruitment pool in the process.

Don't get me wrong, I do not think Milan is fibbing when he says there is work going on behind the scenes, I just do not think it is an aggressive enough recruitment policy (although may I add, in the clubs defence, possibly awaiting decisions of 6 players re-signing won't have helped .... although I am sure all the clubs above must be in the same situation ....)

If you keep up to date with transfer dealings of the football league you'll notice that they are, really.

Barnsley ... 3 signings so far

Bolton ... 3 so far

Derby ... 3 so far

Forest ... 2 so far

Charlton ... 1 so far

Reading ... 3 so far

Blackburn ... 4 so far

Birmingham ... 5 so far

Ipswich ... 4 so far

Leeds ... 2 so far

Do I need to carry on ? As I am getting bored...

As usual, we are late to act, will lose out on the better players, limiting our recruitment pool in the process.

Don't get me wrong, I do not think Milan is fibbing when he says there is work going on behind the scenes, I just do not think it is an aggressive enough recruitment policy (although may I add, in the clubs defence, possibly awaiting decisions of 6 players re-signing won't have helped .... although I am sure all the clubs above must be in the same situation ....)

I'd prefer it if you did...

don't like loans, could either go one way or the other ,much rather have our own players only in a perfect world would we get that though ,

Ideally yes Trev but I think prudent use of loan system is hugely to our benefit. We'd be crazy not to take advantage of players we couldn't afford to buy outright provided they fill positions we need filling and don't completely stuff our shape.