Here come the new signings...

I'd rather not rush into panic signatures. The only people that seem to have signed for other clubs so far are freebies who've put pen to paper. The only reason they've probably signed is that the wages offered were too good to turn down. If that's the case we haven't missed out because we are tightening our purse strings accordingly. I'm sure we'll have a competitive side come the start of the season.

It's not all about big name signings, it's all about the blend!

Hahahaha, North Korea talk again then, entitled to my opinion pal, as you are yours. Ok I take it back. We will be really quick to make signings they will all be top established champ players 

What like Gardner, Kirkland, Taylor....

or young players with bags of potential 

What like Antonio, Lee, McCabe.....

If Lita, Helan, Olofinjana, McPhail and Davies turned out to be our new additions, would we be happy with that? I think I would, although maybe I'd prefer a couple of Premiership loans instead of McPhail and Davies. With our budget, you'd have to think we'd done OK in terms of addressing what we need.

Or more to the point, would those signings elevate us to a top half club?

In the piece in the OP the idea I'd that the squad that finished the season was a top half club (with everybody fit)

I don't think its a wise thing to be saying, when it seems unlikely we'll get Lita or Helan, who are the people who came in in the second half of last season and made the biggest impact.

Unless they're making progress on those deals, but I'd be surprised.

Edited by MrEdwards

If Lita, Helan, Olofinjana, McPhail and Davies turned out to be our new additions, would we be happy with that? I think I would, although maybe I'd prefer a couple of Premiership loans instead of McPhail and Davies. With our budget, you'd have to think we'd done OK in terms of addressing what we need.

I'd be happy enough with that.

Really want Olofinjana and Lita.

Helan is ok but I'd take any decent left winger.

CB with pace.

Done, top half.

I wouldn't be too chuffed with both Olofinjana and mcphail. Questionable fitness there

Out of interest if we were to bring back Olofinjana do people see him playing a holding role giving opportunity for McCabe to play a more creative role?

Or

Would we look to have wings as main attacking threat with the central midfield playing a more defensive role?

Would like to see McCabe getting more of a chance this coming season, but, still unsure if he's fully up to the role and perhaps more importantly whether we can allow him the time to settle/develop.

edit - Meaning this season. Not suggesting we get rid of McCabe at all.

Edited by themaskedowl

It's also about clubs realising that to bring in who they want, they're going to have to release players first.

At some point, a load of players will become available, and the rush into Harrords for the start of the sales, commences

I find the bun fighting reyt exciting.

Wil he come to us? Won't he? Why won't we increase our offer? Is he worth that? Why has he decided to sign for Barnsley instead?

It's what livens up the summer for me.

Then we end up with some good players, and some crap ones, who become next season's released players, and it all kicks off again.

As Elton John sings, Daniel is my Brother, I mean It's The Circle of Life

Out of interest if we were to bring back Olofinjana do people see him playing a holding role giving opportunity for McCabe to play a more creative role?

Or

Would we look to have wings as main attacking threat with the central midfield playing a more defensive role?

Would like to see McCabe getting more of a chance this coming season, but, still unsure if he's fully up to the role and perhaps more importantly whether we can allow him the time to settle/develop.

edit - Meaning this season. Not suggesting we get rid of McCabe at all.

I think McCabe naturally prefers to sit deep and dictate things from there anyway. Olofinjana could be the perfect partner for him, if we can get enough games from him. I'm not sure what mcphail would offer that McCabe wouldn't though.

It's also about clubs realising that to bring in who they want, they're going to have to release players first.

At some point, a load of players will become available, and the rush into Harrords for the start of the sales, commences

I find the bun fighting reyt exciting.

Wil he come to us? Won't he? Why won't we increase our offer? Is he worth that? Why has he decided to sign for Barnsley instead?

It's what livens up the summer for me.

Then we end up with some good players, and some crap ones, who become next season's released players, and it all kicks off again.

As Elton John sings, Daniel is my Brother, I mean It's The Circle of Life

Levon, Levon likes his money

I think McCabe naturally prefers to sit deep and dictate things from there anyway. Olofinjana could be the perfect partner for him, if we can get enough games from him. I'm not sure what mcphail would offer that McCabe wouldn't though.

would make sense then. So if not Olifinjana, bring in someone like him if McCabe is going to get a decent run. I guess I'm discounting Coke and Prutton which is perhaps a bit harsh given they were involved late last season.

Masked owl - I think if we play 4231, and Olofinjana and another defensive mid like Prutton or Lee play as the 2 screening the defence, McCabe will be useful in the middle of the attacking 3.

Rather see Maguire there though.

Yes, I saw your post in the "our best eleven" thread. Interesting. I wouldn't mind seeing what that formation could do. It may well be a complete disaster as much as it could work brilliantly. On paper it seems to make sense, to me at least.

If we do have our eyes on McPhail and Davies, they may not be seen as regular starters. It's possible that DJ sees them as players he can bring on when he needs different options. From the five I mentioned, perhaps my biggest concern was McPhail alongside Olofinjana in a two man midfield. He could of course feature in a three man midfield, maybe with McCabe, and two wide players.

Dave Jones .... "Clubs don’t have a lot of income over the summer"

Erm, is this not the most active time for fans to renew season tickets and purchase new ones ?

Is this not also the time when kit launches occur and replica sales are at their highest ... ?

Don't treat us like uneducated fans ... yes there are no gate receipts, but the above more than make up for it .... 5,000 season ticket sales alone over the summer would bring in circa £1.8 million 

We do not want to be playing catch up again like last year. Why are other clubs bringing in players if there is not much money over the summer Dave ?