Wednesday have more fans, but the Blades have more fans in Sheffield

I don't think it's true, but I do think that they have a lot more generally silent fans.   Those who only come out when there is something to play for, like a plum cup tie or a year in the Premiership.

The amount of fans like this who now won't even talk football right now and say they won't go again is very high in just the people I know, however the Owls fans I know talk football come good times or bad, regardless.   That is the difference.  

Maybe the split is more like 50/50 but I do think the fans we have now are typically more loyal after a bad decade and a half, compared to the S2 lot.

I don't think it's true, but I do think that they have a lot more generally silent fans. Those who only come out when there is something to play for, like a plum cup tie or a year in the Premiership.

lot.

Or perhaps a play-off semi final? gary megson

I don't think it's true, but I do think that they have a lot more generally silent fans.   Those who only come out when there is something to play for, like a plum cup tie or a year in the Premiership.

The amount of fans like this who now won't even talk football right now and say they won't go again is very high in just the people I know, however the Owls fans I know talk football come good times or bad, regardless.   That is the difference.  

Maybe the split is more like 50/50 but I do think the fans we have now are typically more loyal after a bad decade and a half, compared to the S2 lot.

Carnt agree,do you live in Dronfield or Heely

both clubs sold the same amount of tickets for the semi in 93 but like you say wednesday fans are more loyal .

Many years ago this argument came up (70s/80s). A mate of mine said the city itself was 50/50, but Wednesday pulled in far more from the surrounding area (myself included).

He was Sheffield born and bred, and a season ticket holder (of ours) for years until moving out of the country to work, so i think he was probably right :ph34r:

I think that's probably about right from what I see.

i'm not from sheffield, and i'd been watching the wednesday for a couple of years before i saw my first piggy fans...

they were both acky cnuts, the type whose red and white striped shirt's hadn't had any white on them for donkeys years...

then some 10 or so years later, one turned up at work, semi-intelligent (until it came to football, then thick as pigshit)...

i'm rather fortunate, i've known only about 6 piggies in my life...

though when i think about it, it's hard to calculate what constitutes a piggy fan...

can you call yourself a fan/supporter of a club where you climb over the wall to get in, or diddle the gateman to get in on a concession you don't deserve???

i've always thought unipig fans were more like bitter gypo's than football fans, whilst wednesday fans were a more witty, intelligent crew...

I think the deluded fool may have a point. As an exiled Sheffielder I have no hesitation traveling every week to S6, as do quite a few from round here. I know of no pigs who actually go to games anymore. So it would appear that we have a massive fan base outside the city. However when you factor in that even a 50 50 split within Sheffield still leaves them an ever increasing gap in crowds. I think we can all see thats going to get bigger and bigger.