Wednesday have more fans, but the Blades have more fans in Sheffield

I live in what is regarded as a mainly united area and I'd say its about even up our way (south side) in fact my local is defiantly as a "united pub" yet I've never known any coaches from there yet there have been several in the 15years of my adult life for Wednesday match's. yet I get the impression that at the other end of town I.e Hillsboro, parson cross, and onto Wynn gardens and stocksbridge there aren't any blunts, or very, very little. That sums it up I think.

According to a piggy friend of mine.

I think he's talking rubbish (re Sheffield) but what are everyone's thoughts?

Remind your Piggy friend he should be arguing wih Rotherham fans while we concentrate  on the likes of Yeovil..Donny and Bournemouth...

Guest phshaw

Well tbf although traditionally the Blades may challenge us within the City of Sheffield re. support, there is not much in it with us possibly just edging it, there is a huge difference with respect to regional support. The blades receive little support, only derision, outside Sheffield whereas Wednesday are truly massive here, enjoying a high level of support across the region and indeed the whole country. You only need to consider the response that Wednesdayite received to their initiative of encouraging local supporters' groups, to ascertain the truth. I have worked and travelled extensively across some remote parts of the world. Believe me SWFC has a unique name and brand which is known all over the world whereas few people have even heard of the Blades outside of Britain, whereas nobody and I mean nobody is even aware of their existence outside of Europe. It may be sang tongue in cheek, but the truth is that when you consider the facts, the city really is ours!