The fans must change.

Unfortunately I think we need the band, the atmosphere would be poor without them. Although I wish we didnt need them.

The only alternative would be to have a constant singing section of the crowd on the kop, more organised singing like, dare I say it, Ultras!?

Or the band must adjust instead of playing bloody Wallace and Gromit, they must play a variety of Wednesday songs. Cut down on the brass and predominantly use drums. Which will provide a good deep backing to our songs and make it more intimidating for opponents.

The band and the fans have to adjust or it'll stay the same. I feel really strongly about having a dedicated singing section similar but bigger to that on the lepp side of the north. Itd take a few hundred pioneers to do it but it would definitely catch on, and within a few seasons hundreds and more would be eager to move their seats to that section.

But its so much easier said than done. Compared to European football English crowds will always be less vocal. Its generally the truth.

(Im not talking about our away following which as we all know is loud as flip at times and very impressive).

Guest Bedders

Bit like booing all this! Someone said that they were booing the ref & someone countered how did Bothroyd know that...... & he probably thought you might be booing him!

Same goes with noisy drums then.....if it makes it intimidating for opponents.....how do you know that our players don't find it intimidating??? 

Yet again the band ruined some chants on Saturday, sometimes they can get us going but it's not all about them. I will be bringing my triangle on Saturday and show em how it's done.

Edited by Fedor

Yet again the band ruined some chants on Saturday, sometimes they can get us going but it's not all about them.

I agree but generally the atmosphere is worse without them because people dont start songs as often, especially when we are losing of playing badly. Which is a time to get behind the players even more, yet it never happens.

Ultras and bands (specifically drums) go very well together, as anybody that's been to see European games can attest to.

Those same ultras without the drum wouldn't be anywhere near as effective. Those drummers without the ultras would be similarly ineffective.

My worst nightmare, chavs with drums!

Bit like booing all this! Someone said that they were booing the ref & someone countered how did Bothroyd know that...... & he probably thought you might be booing him!

Same goes with noisy drums then.....if it makes it intimidating for opponents.....how do you know that our players don't find it intimidating???

I doubt very much the band intimidate anyone. They aim to be heard whereas they should aim to make the fans sing. All they generally achieve is making the fans clap in time. Hardly a raw wall of sound.

It's different on the continent, for instance at Malaga they can generate a great atmosphere, often with versions of British songs. They don't have a band as such, just random drummers and a couple of guys with megaphones. I don't think a brass section lends itself to a good atmosphere at a football ground.

Ultras and bands (specifically drums) go very well together, as anybody that's been to see European games can attest to.

Those same ultras without the drum wouldn't be anywhere near as effective. Those drummers without the ultras would be similarly ineffective.

Easy then...get rid of the instruments and just keep the drummer...sorted!! just join in with chants and help to keep em going!!!....Much better!!!