Leroy Lita is everything we thought that Clinton Morrison was going to be. I liked the way he was constantly encouraging players telling them when and where to press and he played some really good balls.

Agree 100% having a player that can lead from the front and lead by example, a 2nd captain so to speak.

UTO's

I counted at least 3 occasions when if our players had chose a different pass Lita would have been bearing down on goal.

Think the problem is we are not used to such vision in terms of striker movement, but I remain confident the rest of the team can "learn" where he will be in the future

He's light years ahead of Bothroyd thats for sure

Agree with this, his off the ball movement is fantastic

His movement and finishing is top notch, one of those strikers who'll bag you 15-20 goals a season guaranteed. If we can get him on an extended stay I'd be thrilled, the kind of striker a side chasing promotion should have in their ranks, not a team who was previously in a relegation dog fight like ourselves. We are very lucky to have him. I think he's slipped under the radar a little bit, because he could figure in any of the top sides in this division.

From DownAtTheMac:

"Indeed, and so far he is looking like a good signing. You might have gathered that i don’t like the lad, my mate who’s a Bristol City fan says they had a song for him which was along the lines of “Leroy you’re a **** you’re a **** you’re a **** you’ve always been a **** etc. And personally i don’t like the way he denied us 3 points at Ashton gate back in 2004 by diving, getting a penalty when we were 3-1 up, essentially cost us the win.
As i previously stated, the ‘Hahahahahahaha’ was unfortunate on my part. And you and other members were quite right to point this out. That said, i object to being told i ‘know nothing about football’ hence the sharp response.
I am not gonna make an apology for my previous post, but the Admin lads will quite rightly point out that the basis of a forum is that you argue the post, not the poster.
All this said, good win for massive today, i still hope and think you will go down though."

Read more: http://downatthemac.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=80768&page=3#ixzz2JmMMFD2b

:laugh:

Guest Sniper1

Rhys McCabe is always looking for that killer ball, trouble is we had nobody to get on the end of them.

Now we have, who would you leave out though? Prutts and Coke have been very good.

Guest Bald Owl

Looks spot on but he did one thing in particular I've moaned others haven't, running across defenders to front post when the balls wide. Great

From DownAtTheMac:

"Indeed, and so far he is looking like a good signing. You might have gathered that i don’t like the lad, my mate who’s a Bristol City fan says they had a song for him which was along the lines of “Leroy you’re a **** you’re a **** you’re a **** you’ve always been a **** etc. And personally i don’t like the way he denied us 3 points at Ashton gate back in 2004 by diving, getting a penalty when we were 3-1 up, essentially cost us the win.

As i previously stated, the ‘Hahahahahahaha’ was unfortunate on my part. And you and other members were quite right to point this out. That said, i object to being told i ‘know nothing about football’ hence the sharp response.

I am not gonna make an apology for my previous post, but the Admin lads will quite rightly point out that the basis of a forum is that you argue the post, not the poster.All this said, good win for massive today, i still hope and think you will go down though."

Read more: http://downatthemac.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=80768&page=3#ixzz2JmMMFD2b

:laugh:

hopes and thinks we'll go down !!!! Well they are a massive point above us so i suppose we should bow to their brilliance , ffs :-)

Goes without saying he's settled straight in. Looked like he's been here forever the way he stamped his authority on our players around him. Did you see the great positions he took up and the way he kept going ballistic at especially Antonio to whom he was lecturing "get your head up next time." I think we've some excitement to come from that lad.

He broke my seat in the warm up i wont be re-newing that one next season :tango:

Antonio needs to start being more aware of whats going off around him.

He has also got the worst 1st touch of any footballer I've ever seen.

I remember Big Ron saying - "Carlton Plamer can trap a ball further than I can kick one"

Classic line.

Had a go at Helan and Antonio yesterday, and he was spot on to do so. This is professional sport not a mates' kickaround. Players around him will improve and will learn from him and his attitude on the pitch. Breath of fresh air up front.

Yea your right just look at antonios positioning for his goal spot on and his first from a corner