Brian Laws Video interview

Guest intercity0wl

very interesting thanks. starts about 29:30 on wednesday for those who wanna listen to it

On jeffers: 

"he was absolutely flying when he first joined the club... until the injury. and let me tell you, that was no fluke. shawcross took him from behind and absolutely ripped his ankle off his leg. it shocked me, and he never got back." 

very interesting thanks. starts about 29:30 on wednesday for those who wanna listen to it

On jeffers: 

"he was absolutely flying when he first joined the club... until the injury. and let me tell you, that was no fluke. shawcross took him from behind and absolutely ripped his ankle off his leg. it shocked me, and he never got back." 

Jeffers hardly had a brilliant record before he joined us.

Obviously bursting with information regarding events behind the scenes at Hillsborough from his time there but can't/won't voice them for fear of legal problems.

Someone who I'd love to bump into in a pub or something where he might be able to speak more freely about his real experience at SWFC.

Did a fantastic job- you only have to look at some of the teams put out under him to realise how little he was working with compared to Megson/Jones under Mandaric. Teams full of crocks and loanees; benches full of kids who had never played a game; best players being sold and a captain who sold him down the river only a few months after accepting the armband from him.

I wouldn't have him back now but history should be kind to Brian Laws.

On jeffers: 

I always thought the same, Franny Jeffers was well up for it but became scared of football after that

Jeffers hardly had a brilliant record before he joined us.

I seem to remember he had been poor in the Premier League for Charlton and Blackburn, but had done well on loan at Ipswich which seemed to revitalise him. He scored a beaut at home to Hull and then in the Stoke game, although he didnt score, his movement and link play was a cut above what we had been used to. After that though he wasnt up for it any longer, summed up by being on trial at Blackpool and asking Holloway to take him out of the side because the opposition were physical and he might get injured (ollies words at the time).

Good interview..He did over achieve for us..And what a crap time to be our manager when he was here.

He certainly did a better job than some other managers we've had in recent times, or right now for that matter, and in much more testing circumstances.  Good guy.

Guest wilyfox

I seem to remember he had been poor in the Premier League for Charlton and Blackburn, but had done well on loan at Ipswich which seemed to revitalise him. He scored a beaut at home to Hull and then in the Stoke game, although he didnt score, his movement and link play was a cut above what we had been used to. After that though he wasnt up for it any longer, summed up by being on trial at Blackpool and asking Holloway to take him out of the side because the opposition were physical and he might get injured (ollies words at the time).

maybe Jeffers just lost his bottle after the injury. i remember watching us play QPR at Loftus Road in 2010 not long before we were relegated. Jeffers and Michael Gray were on the bench that day, and were kicking a ball about on the pitch at half time; 2 former England players...we were desperately in need of points to avoid the drop. we needed a contribution from Jeffers - perhaps he simply didn't have it to give anymore.