Does anybody seriously think DJ will turn this around ?

Guest Lawrie Maddens Hump

Indeed, but fergie has the luxury of being able to make mistakes as he's got the money and other players around to cover it.

My point is that dj managing to offload a guy he signed for cash, only a few months ago, is not something to be impressed by.

Totally agree.

But his signing of someone like Corry spins it the other way.

Sometimes you have to trust your scouts, sometimes it pays off, sometimes not.

But much of it could be down to circumstances, personalities, etc, as it is anything else.

Put Maguire into another context and he could flourish.

Edited by Lawrie Maddens Hump

Had Llera converted the chance at the back post (why he went for the far post when the near post was so easy I don't know! And Madine's 2nd attempt been scored we'd of come away with a 3-3 draw.

We're not clinical enough at the moment, we weren't great neither were boro but we easily could of had a draw. Whether its a confidence thing I'm not sure but that bad finishing/bad luck can't carry on all season!

Hiya Dave!

Do you really think you can turn it around?

are we still all living in the days of the early 90's,we having been a big club for 15 years now,fanbase yes everything else no,we need to get behind what weve got dj is the man for the job,example been look at boro last year poor season did they sack mowbray no,now look at them stability is key!!!!!!!

I agree with you.

But Boro finished 7th last year! Not really a bad season TBF.

And furthermore, criticism of both DJ and the club's ambition in the transfer market this season, can rightfully be aired by the fee paying customers, as so far, it hasn't been good enough.

Wednesday fans, after what they have suffered over the last 15 years, deserve better. We might not be showing it at the moment, but whingers and happy clappers alike, Wednesday fans are the bestest.

Totally agree.

But his signing of someone like Corry spins it the other way.

Sometimes you have to trust your scouts, sometimes it pays off, sometimes not.

But much of it could be down to circumstances, personalities, etc, as it is anything else.

Put Maguire into another context and he could flourish.

See this is what baffled me. I rate Corry, mccabe and barkley as future talents. But there's no experience next to them. Semedo hasn't played this level before has he?

Personally I'd have not signed pecnik or Taylor and gone for an experienced, Steve Watson type midfielder. Because last night showed a clear lack of nouce and control in the spine of the side

I do think that we took the game to boro in periods, end of the first half And beginning of the second. But we were riding our luck throughout the game defensively (despite a defensive formation) and our heads dropped the second we conceded the second goal which was brought about by an error that a senior player had been making all game.

Can we stay up ? it would be close, but yes. As it stands though, nothing other than blind faith would make me say that we are definitely going to stay up. Yes we have been creating chances each week and not scoring them, we have been making the same errors each week And not addressing them. We have some very talented players in midfield but we have no real leadership when the chips are down and no drive in there more generally other than Antonio (what happens if he gets injured?).

I fully expect us to lose games this season and we will lose more than we win because we're in that relegation battle. But what I saw last night was a team that lacked some mettle and that's needed in a successful relegation battle.

DJ seems to be hoping for the best and for the roll of the dice to go in our favour at the moment but he has some serious work to do in the loan market IMO. But now he can't change the squad because its full (only player going out was one of our best last night) and he doesn't believe in some of his many signings either.

If he addresses his mistakes he can turn it round. But can/will he? It's worrying.

See this is what baffled me. I rate Corry, mccabe and barkley as future talents. But there's no experience next to them. Semedo hasn't played this level before has he?

Personally I'd have not signed pecnik or Taylor and gone for an experienced, Steve Watson type midfielder. Because last night showed a clear lack of nouce and control in the spine of the side

Can't argue with your views Hawkeye- hindsight is a glorious thing.

The value of DJ as a manager will certainly be put to the test over the next few months. He needs and deserves time to turn it around though, IMO.

Edited by Lawrie Maddens Hump

Well I absolutely don't do faith, blind or otherwise, but I think we will stay up. You're right it does seem that DJ has been hoping for the best, but now I'm hoping he's seen the light. He needs to get his arse into gear and sort this out. Its been obvious to me since the summer that we didn't have the firepower to make any sort of impression in this league. The signings of Rodri and Maguire were cheap options. Two players are what we need, a quality striker and a leader in midfield. If we have to sacrifice 4 or 5 players to get that sort of quality in, so be it as I'd rather have a smaller but more streamlined squad

Well I absolutely don't do faith, blind or otherwise, but I think we will stay up. You're right it does seem that DJ has been hoping for the best, but now I'm hoping he's seen the light. He needs to get his arse into gear and sort this out. Its been obvious to me since the summer that we didn't have the firepower to make any sort of impression in this league. The signings of Rodri and Maguire were cheap options. Two players are what we need, a quality striker and a leader in midfield. If we have to sacrifice 4 or 5 players to get that sort of quality in, so be it as I'd rather have a smaller but more streamlined squad

I meant faith in Dave Jones! lol

he could be gone before november is out...

I do yes, he will keep us up, which is all we could reasonably have hoped for

if he's allowed this may be true...

however, he could be gone before the serious christmas shopping starts...

milan's call, not ours...

i think atm he's being helped by the fact that what's out there is no better than him...

Sort the full back positions out and we will be hard to beat

So true. Odd with all the comment on here no one else seems to see this.

Went to the Blackpool match watched last night on sky.

Both Buxton and Jones cope most of the time. But they are not the quality we need to be near the top of this league.

They do not link well enough with JJ or Antonio. There are rarely well understood overlaps and neither is particularly good at crossing a ball.

Better full backs is the answer.

Of course we do need a decent stiker (just one would be good)

Guest CambridgeOwl69

Daniel Jones is a poor player and must be replaced, Buxton is more than capable at this level imo

The problem is that the two wide men in this system offer no protection as they are always struggling to support the attack.

442 gives much more protection down the flanks and is simply the only option after this terrible run of results

Get two up front again and the opposition have to drop back another 10 yards, it changes the entire complexion of the game

The biggest problem for me is.....

If DJ is to go, who the feck is gonna come in...

Really can't think of any1 decent available at mo

Except 'arry and that just isn't going to happen....

Big problem for us and Milan at the mo

And that is exactly why we will persevere with DJ and the search for the right formula on the pitch.

DJ has a half decent track record in this division and loads of Championship experience.

He will only be sacked if a top notch manager becomes available who is willing to flirt with the lower reaches of the Championship for a while, or unless Milan is prepared to go for a top notch manager currently employed elsewhere, which costs money, and would be subject to the normal VFM scrutinisation.

If we do decide to go down that road the manager we next employ must have three key attributes:

1)Charismatic motivational skills

2)A decent record in the transfer market in respect of picking up quality talent at bargain prices (it's the way Milan works seemingly)

3)PR friendly, at ease at talking to the media, using it to his advantage to promote the club, and getting fans on board. Someone who doesn't feel the job is too big for him, who loves the media attention.

If anyone can up with a sensible suggestion, I'd be grateful to hear it, because I can't think of anybody who fits the bill at the moment.