Does anybody seriously think DJ will turn this around ?

And that is exactly why we will persevere with DJ and the search for the right formula on the pitch.

DJ has a half decent track record in this division and loads of Championship experience.

He will only be sacked if a top notch manager becomes available who is willing to flirt with the lower reaches of the Championship for a while, or unless Milan is prepared to go for a top notch manager currently employed elsewhere, which costs money, and would be subject to the normal VFM scrutinisation.

If we do decide to go down that road the manager we next employ must have three key attributes:

1)Charismatic motivational skills

2)A decent record in the transfer market in respect of picking up quality talent at bargain prices (it's the way Milan works seemingly)

3)PR friendly, at ease at talking to the media, using it to his advantage to promote the club, and getting fans on board. Someone who doesn't feel the job is too big for him, who loves the media attention.

If anyone can up with a sensible suggestion, I'd be grateful to hear it, because I can't think of anybody who fits the bill at the moment.

agree with these 3 credentials - for me DJ certainly does not have 1 and 3

..................and I can make a suggestion

but I cannot make a suggestion that will be seen as sensible, or practical, or possible !!

Its this love-in with Bothroyd what will cost him his job or our place in the league, Because at the moment and i don't know why he seems to be building a team around Bothroyd,

No matter where he has to play him for some reason hes got to be on the pitch and why he's take corners if he's a centre froward/striker is beyond me. Is he not suppose to be in the box to get on the end of crossers.

Its just so obvious he has to play his golden eye little boy. Jones has his own players and feels a need to play them no matter what, Which will be his/our undoing.

Guest JC Saviour

He as the ability, experience but what is of serious concern is the standard of his signings. Unless he changes some of the personnel, his tactics, then there is a strong possibility we will go back down. Sticking with the way we are, definately relegation.

Its this love-in with Bothroyd what will cost him his job or our place in the league, Because at the moment and i don't know why he seems to be building a team around Bothroyd,

No matter where he has to play him for some reason hes got to be on the pitch and why he's take corners if he's a centre froward/striker is beyond me. Is he not suppose to be in the box to get on the end of crossers.

Its just so obvious he has to play his golden eye little boy. Jones has his own players and feels a need to play them no matter what, Which will be his/our undoing.

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Daniel Jones is a poor player and must be replaced, Buxton is more than capable at this level imo

The problem is that the two wide men in this system offer no protection as they are always struggling to support the attack.

442 gives much more protection down the flanks and is simply the only option after this terrible run of results

Get two up front again and the opposition have to drop back another 10 yards, it changes the entire complexion of the game

Alright Mate, agree with you.

Last night was poor again.

Guest clumber58

Guest clumber58

Agree. Brought him in as a forward but now plays him on the right side of midfield. Lets him take all the set plays.

Wednesday need battlers, grafters, battlers (call them what you like) if we're going to start picking up points from the teams above us. Bothroyd is the wrong type of player at the wrong time.

One more point. The negative approach of playing one up front (not 3 as some have said) is asking for trouble. None of the forwards currently at the Club can play the lone striker role. Whatever happened to the philosophy of putting round pegs intomround holes?.

Nobody should underestimate the situation. Continue as we are now and we will be relegated.

Of course he will.

Look at the table and look at the margin between us and the play-offs. No need to panic just yet. A centre forward is needed IMO.

The problems that DJ and MM have got is wayward expectations by some of our fans. TBF though, both the manager and chairman are responsible for this because they heightened our possibilities before the start of the season. But let's face it, it's not as if they were gonna say that we were looking for just consolidation. Of course you always need to aim high but at the same time you need to be prepared to accept the situation for what it is.

The truth is that at the minutes we are newly promoted club who is finding it difficult to adjust to the step up in class. For me, DJ needs to ship some out (COG, Daniel Jones, JJ, and possibly Madine) and bring in some better quality.

Guest impailer

Even though we're currently outside the relegation zone?

:huh:

like i said in the other thread know nowt about footy we are 3 points above relegation zone and they have a game in hand, if this form continues we will be going down u must see this??

like i said in the other thread know nowt about footy we are 3 points above relegation zone and they have a game in hand, if this form continues we will be going down u must see this??

Dependent on results today, if the current respective form continues for all the teams down there we will stay up. If you don't believe me, look at the league table. You do comprehend the notion of form being transitory don't you? Just because teams collect so many points from a sequence of games doesn't mean they are compelled to operate at that rate ad infinitum.

Please, dispense with the 'you know nothing about football' nonsense because it's about as pompous, embarrassing and pointless as it gets.

I agree.

Booooo DJM. It's all his fault.

Nobber.

lol

I'm telling Neil on you.