Does anybody seriously think DJ will turn this around ?

Why are people happy with just staying up? I'm not expecting double promotions or even play offs but the target was clearly top half. Top ten is what we should be aiming for. It also keeps momentum.

DJ has destroyed all that was good about last season. But I do think he could turn it around.

Not sure Milan will give him the time (or the money)

Dave Jones will not 'take us down', why, because our Chairman will not let it happen.

Not to say of course that his replacement would not 'take us down'.

The fact is that if results do not improve, Dave Jones will lose his job. He knows it and you all know it.

Personally I really like the guy, but I really liked Megson as well.

Guest MrsGoggins

It's like watching us under Irvine, same clueless tactics will give us the same outcome. If DJ won't change a system that does not bring results then he will be changed simple as. Another relegation will be disasterous.

Guest MrsGoggins

Why are people happy with just staying up? I'm not expecting double promotions or even play offs but the target was clearly top half. Top ten is what we should be aiming for. It also keeps momentum.

DJ has destroyed all that was good about last season. But I do think he could turn it around.

Not sure Milan will give him the time (or the money)

Exactly take a look at some of the sides in the division, those that don't have recent premiership money and those that get half the crowds we get. Why can't a supposed debt free SWFC compete and sustain at least a midtable position?

I think DJ will turn this around but there are worrying signs that this might spiral out of control. He simply has to address the problems of imbalance in the squad, even if that means sacrificing some favourites, and he needs to do it now, next week before our next game. Its obvious we don't have the right tools for the job, whichever system we play, its been obvious for quite some time and I find it incredibly frustrating that we don't do anything about it Having said that, there are signs that things are starting to happen We were unlucky in our attempts to offload Maguire, but I'm hopeful that we can get a few out next week and bring in the replacements we need

Guest MrsGoggins

The problem was created with the transfer policy when he went for quantity over quality. Key positions that needed improvement last season never mind this were not dealt with. The comments about wanting better than Batth were astounding even more so when we then go and sign Taylor for a fee, Rob Jones was better.

I also think we miss Byewater greatly, i'm not saying he's a better overall keeper than Kirkland but his organisation was brilliant and that is what we are lacking at the back, would we really have conceded any more with him between the sticks?

We had one thing last season that money does not buy, team spirit, passion, commitment and were much fitter than what we are now, forget all the we lack quality b*llocks, we may do but the team from last season on the back of promotion would have made up for that.

Edited by MrsGoggins

I think DJ will turn this around but there are worrying signs that this might spiral out of control. He simply has to address the problems of imbalance in the squad, even if that means sacrificing some favourites, and he needs to do it now, next week before our next game. Its obvious we don't have the right tools for the job, whichever system we play, its been obvious for quite some time and I find it incredibly frustrating that we don't do anything about it Having said that, there are signs that things are starting to happen We were unlucky in our attempts to offload Maguire, but I'm hopeful that we can get a few out next week and bring in the replacements we need

....a striker dj spent a chunk of our budget on just this summer....

Guest Lawrie Maddens Hump

Of course he will.

Look at the table and look at the margin between us and the play-offs. No need to panic just yet. A centre forward is needed IMO.

The problems that DJ and MM have got is wayward expectations by some of our fans. TBF though, both the manager and chairman are responsible for this because they heightened our possibilities before the start of the season. But let's face it, it's not as if they were gonna say that we were looking for just consolidation. Of course you always need to aim high but at the same time you need to be prepared to accept the situation for what it is.

The truth is that at the minutes we are newly promoted club who is finding it difficult to adjust to the step up in class. For me, DJ needs to ship some out (COG, Daniel Jones, JJ, and possibly Madine) and bring in some better quality.

Edited by Lawrie Maddens Hump

Guest Lawrie Maddens Hump

....a striker dj spent a chunk of our budget on just this summer....

All managers are guilty of bad choices in the transfer market- even Sir Alex.

All managers are guilty of bad choices in the transfer market- even Sir Alex.

Indeed, but fergie has the luxury of being able to make mistakes as he's got the money and other players around to cover it.

My point is that dj managing to offload a guy he signed for cash, only a few months ago, is not something to be impressed by.

are we still all living in the days of the early 90's,we having been a big club for 15 years now,fanbase yes everything else no,we need to get behind what weve got dj is the man for the job,example been look at boro last year poor season did they sack mowbray no,now look at them stability is key!!!!!!!

Sack DJ and replace him with who? He is our best and only option at the moment, he performed a miracle getting us in this league and his philosophy of football is good - the passing game. Megson's long ball would have been awful in this league and I doubt very much he would of got us up! Expectations are too high and DJ deserves at least a season, if he keeps us up then its progression.....

Milan will stick with DJ and it'll then be a case of tinkering about, and trial and error, until we eventually get the formula right.

Patience is required, and everybody has the right to have a good moan until this happens.

That's the next few months in a nutshell.

I am right again, and now you know how our immediate future will pan out, you can go to bed resting easy.

The story ends with us being in a much healthier position for next season's assault on the Championship, and DJ acknowledging where he went wrong this season.

Of course he made mistakes in the summer, a MASSIVE recruitment drive that still left us with an unbalanced squad, I don't think anyones denying that. Its what we do now that counts. Lets look at the options. We could allow DJ to shift a few out and hopefully get in the missing ingredients, or we can bring in a new manager who will have to work with these same players who DJ has brought in before handing the manager his own war chest in January. Do we seriously want that upheaval?