Does anybody seriously think DJ will turn this around ?

Dependent on results today, if the current respective form continues for all the teams down there we will stay up. If you don't believe me, look at the league table. You do comprehend the notion of form being transitory don't you? Just because teams collect so many points from a sequence of games doesn't mean they are compelled to operate at that rate ad infinitum.

Please, dispense with the 'you know nothing about football' nonsense because it's about as pompous, embarrassing and pointless as it gets.

I'm telling Neil on you.

Snitch lol

I know what your saying and posters at are times ridiculed for mentioning a name.so il put tin hat on and say ......slaven bilic.

do you know- he wasnt one i was thinking of at time i posted but.... that name has passed through back of my mind before!!

be a gamble but arent they all , sure he will want a crack in england one day and i was always impressed with him as croatia boss

am thinking any chance here tho would maybe be through milan's serbo- croat relations and thinking of foreign player links etc

Guest Darkus Owlus

I'm amazed at the opinions in this thread so far.

We just played a top club and could have got a draw, could being the key word but we held a decent account of ourselves.

If you look at our stats we are hitting the target and creating chances, at the moment they just aren't being tucked away.

We were unlucky not to equalise and Madine should have buried it, Dave Jones CANNOT help that we weren't clinical.

We aren't playing bad against the best teams in this league who have a lot more quality than us.

We just played a top club and could have got a draw, could being the key word but we held a decent account of ourselves.

If you look at our stats we are hitting the target and creating chances, at the moment they just aren't being tucked away.

We were unlucky not to equalise and Madine should have buried it, Dave Jones CANNOT help that we weren't clinical.

We aren't playing bad against the best teams in this league who have a lot more quality than us.

True, but next four games we need 6 points & how will we ?

The final score is always the prime factor in how a performance is rated, even though on the face of it there might be some dissonance between the two. The same mistake that is slaughtered in a defeat may be completely ignored if the game is won.

Guest Leeswfc3

Wow - what a night!

Just in from boozer looking forward to what OT has to say !

Read bits - but troo much info all saying pretty much same

tonight we did not deserve anything

not because we were 'taught a lesson ' as per eg the Brighton game

not because Boro were that good

we just did not take the game to them at any stage - please challenge that if you think we did

but when we did attack they were vulnerable (eg chance for madine late on when he thought he was offside )

its dire because the system is stifling the players

the system is DJ's choosing

did he not say last season when he came

' I start ,off with a point so I try to get all 3 ? '

well.. what happened ?????????????

I like the man and would love to see him succeed but last season has gone and

Does anybody seriously think DJ will turn this around ?

Agreed pal, just don't think we have the quality to take it to teams, especially the better ones.

The final score is always the prime factor in how a performance is rated, even though on the face of it there might be some dissonance between the two. The same mistake that is slaughtered in a defeat may be completely ignored if the game is won.

There was still some worries after Peterborough at home though too. I don't mind us keeping bodies in midfield if it allows us to grind out wins but we haven't been as solid recently.

I accept that we will lose to the better sides but thetr are Just some worrying signs that we need leadership when the chips are down. We accepted defeat too easily.

Interesting to note Southampton no wins bottom of league fans chanting Adkins name holding banners up in support of him, maybe they understand how things are in a higher a league and respect what he has done to get them there, yet our some of our fans want our only successful manager out after 8 months. Is it any wonder why past players and managers say we are poison.

I love all the hysteria around the recent results.

All of a sudden we all become 'experts', I would hazard a guess that a lot of us have played the game in some shape or form.

A lot of the game is about confidence, there are elements of luck involved I would agree with that. Just because you think you have the answers to a problem doesn't make it so, we all have this ' I could do better than that attitude', that's human nature.

I think at the moment Dave Jones is the best we can hope for, let's be honest it wasn't a million years ago we didn't have a pot to wee wee in. I think Dave Jones will turn it around IF he is given time, I admit he has made mistakes, who amongst us haven't? Will he learn from those mistakes? I don't know and that's the test.

If he goes who will replace him? Who is to say the new man will play 4-4-2?

Stick with DJ, he will come good.

So yes!