No new players in until other moved out........

Guest Bedders

Rodri

Mattock

Lee

Maguire

Mayor

All players who people on here seem to have written of as 'bad' without having fewer than a couple of full games under their belt. Defies belief. It's a marathon not a sprint.

Looks like it's DJ writing these players off to me. We are on an horrendous run, looking for answers to lots of problems and they haven't played any major part.

How can people judge Rodri?? He must have a played a total of 180 minutes...fair judgement?? I dont think its fair. I personally feel a 4-4-2 is required and he should be given more of a chance along side either COG or Madine.

Players who should go for me are:

Bennett

D Jones (simply not championship)

Pecnic (terrible)

Taylor (awful panic buy)

These should start the clearance and there is other that should follow!

Guest MrsGoggins

The players are good enough! We've got the best squad we've had in about 10-15 years. Just need to stop dicking around with formations, pick the best 11 and make that 11 earn their places on merit.

The team was better last season, it had spirit,heart,passion were fit as f**k and fought till the end, that side would not be in the bottom 3.

DJ "we have moved on from the likes of Danny Batth" then signs Taylor who's no better than Rob Jones and worse than Beevers. He has ripped the heart out of a promotion winning side and that momentum is now lost, he says he's a builder but to me he's a f**king demolition man. He's run out of games for me and defeat on Saturday should be the end.

Edited by MrsGoggins

Huddersfield have shown us up on signing strikers

Rhodes out for 8 million and a even more proven scorer in ,beckford...

Reight business.

This is what wee wees me off. We were by a miles better side than huddersfield at the back end of last season

Some of the problem has to be laid at Milan/Aldridge's door. Like last year we have tried to do things on the cheap. Apart from Antonio who cost a decent fee and Bothroyd wages we have shopped in the main in the bargain basement, same as we did last year.

I cannot believe , for instance , that DJ really wanted to shop in Spain and Portugal. He was quoted as saying that there maybe quality available there on the cheap. It has backfired big style , we have STILL not signed anybody in midfield with Championship experience when both Leeds and Huddersfield signed 3 each . Southern, Norwood, Clayton, Green, Norris , Tongue etc..

If we were doing it on the cheap (and Milan can do what he wants) then we should have made a big point of carrying more of the players/spirit /battling forward from last year and been very selective on players we bring in . We have done the opposite and gone for quantity not quality.

Guest intercity0wl

Some of the problem has to be laid at Milan/Aldridge's door. Like last year we have tried to do things on the cheap. Apart from Antonio who cost a decent fee and Bothroyd wages we have shopped in the main in the bargain basement, same as we did last year.

I cannot believe , for instance , that DJ really wanted to shop in Spain and Portugal. He was quoted as saying that there maybe quality available there on the cheap. It has backfired big style , we have STILL not signed anybody in midfield with Championship experience when both Leeds and Huddersfield signed 3 each . Southern, Norwood, Clayton, Green, Norris , Tongue etc..

If we were doing it on the cheap (and Milan can do what he wants) then we should have made a big point of carrying more of the players/spirit /battling forward from last year and been very selective on players we bring in . We have done the opposite and gone for quantity not quality.

Yep, but its not as if it wasn't expected, he has always expected managers to go the bargain basement way, we cannot complain tho, because it worked last season, and no doubt it will work this season, as it will be used again to ensure our survival in this league, but the sooner some people lower their expectations and enjoy where we are, now in relation to where we were then maybe the pressure will lift a bit from the side.

Edited by intercity0wl

Not really a top post because the man with the greatest expectation is Milan and he will not be enjoying where we are so why should I.

It also is nothing to do with expectation I was always targetting survival in this league as the aim despite all the bullshit from the club at the start of the season.. It is to do with watching what is happening and acknowledging that mistakes are being made that quite simply could be avoided. We have signed some poor players , been poorly organised and the manager has made some poor team selections and hence we have had some bad results.

Guest MrsGoggins

Yep, but its not as if it wasn't expected, he has always expected managers to go the bargain basement way, we cannot complain tho, because it worked last season, and no doubt it will work this season, as it will be used again to ensure our survival in this league, but the sooner some people lower their expectations and enjoy where we are, now in relation to where we were then maybe the pressure will lift a bit from the side.

Lower expectations? I thought after promotion we could build on that and sustain a midtable position. We are supposed to be debt free, currently have the highest attendances in the division yet cannot compete with sides getting half the crowds we get. Take a look a Barnsley they get 2 men and a whippet yet don't yoyo like we do between the championship and L1, have we become so poor that we can't expect SWFC to at least sustain a championship postition? Take at look at the sides that are currently out performing us and ask how they do so, the likes of Milwall, Peterborough, Bristol City, Barnsley, Crystal Palce, Watford. None of them have premiership money or wealthy backers so why can't a debt free SWFC compete with them?

Lower expectations? I thought after promotion we could build on that and sustain a midtable position. We are supposed to be debt free, currently have the highest attendances in the division yet cannot compete with sides getting half the crowds we get. Take a look a Barnsley they get 2 men and a whippet yet don't yoyo like we do between the championship and L1, have we become so poor that we can't expect SWFC to at least sustain a championship postition? Take at look at the sides that are currently out performing us and ask how they do so, the likes of Milwall, Peterborough, Bristol City, Barnsley, Crystal Palce, Watford. None of them have premiership money or wealthy backers so why can't a debt free SWFC compete with them?

There is a very big difference between being debt free and being ready to spend money. Who says MM has even got the cash to invest? He bought the club, paid off the debt, he probably has millions of disposable but there is a level to the amount that any investor will take before he adds more into the pot. This is quite normal. Here is the difference between the owners of the clubs you compare to SWFC and the amount of risk that those owners are ready to take. Milan is 75 years old - maybe more. He has so many different thoughts and issues going through his mind that not many of us would even consider let alone comprehend.

If we needed to ship players out before we can bring anyone out, why haven't we done so Its like we are just sitting here and hoping things will get better. To be honest, I thought I'd be watching a new striker lining up for us at Ipswich as its been obvious for some weeks we don't have anyone at the club who can perform the single striker role.

sigh ,All we needed was 3/4 quality players added to last years squad ,we would have had the battle and fight we needed to maintain a decent midfield status ,

buying twenty or so players half of which don't or won't be playing is a waste tbh ,surely wages saved would help finance the quality we needed at the time ,

players want to play tbh not sit it out every week and watch the team struggle ,and tbh mayor looks a good bet ,not picked, m,cabe was doing ok ,missing at the moment Lee wasn't ready but proved He was ,cog shafted every other week despite stepping up to the plate , llierra dropped for no reason for a player who performed worse and made captain at that ,tactics all over the place ,people exceedingly happy that we can produce some pretty football despite,not doing anything with it or no end product (tbh i'm fedup of being the nearly there team) the team early in the season were doing well , why change it, even though we were conceeding goals we were getting the points ,and whichever way you look at it,Its the points that matter most ,

How many of those now suggesting we signed too many players were cautioning us against that policy three months ago? The modern football supporter is almost always clamouring for new signings and getting giddy when they are made.

i don't think very many expected enough to come in to form an american football team tho...

too many, and too few quality checks it appears...

maguire, pecnik, and rodney = plonkers...

It really is one of my big issues with us for a long time now. We seem to make an awful lot of bad signings. In recent times Megson spent half his time trying to offload Irvines signings and similar re DJ and Megson.

Do we make more bad signings than other clubs?

Is it just a consequence of changing managers so often?

I would love to know how many of his signings DJ actually saw play in a proper match beforehand.

Pecnik No. Rodri No Maguire Possibly

Agents with videos have lot to answer for.

agents, car and double glazing salesmen CAN'T MAKE YOU BUY ANYTHING...

The team was better last season, it had spirit,heart,passion were fit as f**k and fought till the end, that side would not be in the bottom 3.

DJ "we have moved on from the likes of Danny Batth" then signs Taylor who's no better than Rob Jones and worse than Beevers. He has ripped the heart out of a promotion winning side and that momentum is now lost, he says he's a builder but to me he's a f**king demolition man. He's run out of games for me and defeat on Saturday should be the end.

would have this one beaten by half time...