No new players in until other moved out........

Guest Bedders

All the management skills in the world will not fashion a successful championship side out of those players.

You believe that?

Thing is players like Kirkland, Taylor, Gardner, Mattock, Boothroyd have all proven themselves at this level before.

Add in talented players like Antonio, McCabe and Barkley to our existing pool of players and we should be a mid table side.

You have to look at how they are being managed and motivated.

Can imagine old Milans face if he asked for another striker.

Maguire, Pecnik and Rodri.

3 absolute shockers.

If i was to choose, i would say ship out Pecnik. He's had plenty of opportunity, but hasn't really shown much. Don't think we've seen enough of Rodri or Maguire yet.

Edited by bigdan2003

If i was to choose, i would say ship out Pecnik. He's had plenty of opportunity, but hasn't really shown much. Don't think we've seen enough of Rodri or Maguire yet.

In regards to Rodri, I was working away for the Brum game so missed his debut, watched him against Millwall and Palace and thought he looked way off.

The Maguire signing, whoever made it, complete waste.

Thought he looked good against Fulham partnering Madine, they both did well together, next game... both dropped.

Frustrating.

Rich can I clarify what I meant. Really I don't think we are far off. We have enough quality and championship experience to fashion a decent enough defence, especially with a five man midfield in front of them. Its in that five man midfield where our real strengths lie Barkley and Bothroyd are top quality for this league, and with Semedo, JJ/Antonio and McCabe/Corry, that is as good a midfield as most. However, its up front where we have a massive problem. None of the four strikers, COG, Madine, Rodri or Maguire can effectively play the lone striker role.Thats what I meant by not being able to fashion a successful side from the squad.

We do however have plenty of peripheral players who could be sent out on loan to enable us to bring in a striker who can fulfill the role, but it really needs to be done quickly before the whole thing starts to unravel

In regards to Rodri, I was working away for the Brum game so missed his debut, watched him against Millwall and Palace and thought he looked way off.

The Maguire signing, whoever made it, complete waste.

Thought he looked good against Fulham partnering Madine, they both did well together, next game... both dropped.

Frustrating.

The maguire thing is really strange- waste of money so far. Rodri, definitely looks off pace as you say. He clearly has lots of skill, and i'm sure given time he'll get into it, and come good...but, we don't have the luxury of time at the moment.

Players like Rodri are luxury players....i know that sounds daft, and some may disagree, but right now we need impact players that are going stick the ball in the back of the onion bag.

Guest Johnbloodaxe

Rodri and maguire have had no game time... so how can they be judged, the way DKJ is playying the team there isnlt a place for goal poachers unless he plays 442 not bloody 451...

neither of them are one up front types, they need to be off COG...

We have strikers if we bloody play them....

It really is one of my big issues with us for a long time now. We seem to make an awful lot of bad signings. In recent times Megson spent half his time trying to offload Irvines signings and similar re DJ and Megson.

Do we make more bad signings than other clubs?

Is it just a consequence of changing managers so often?

I would love to know how many of his signings DJ actually saw play in a proper match beforehand.

Pecnik No. Rodri No Maguire Possibly

Agents with videos have lot to answer for.

Thing is, who the **** is going to take Reynolds, Coke, Bennett, Prutton and Weaver off our hands?!

Really surprised we haven't been able to shift Coke and Prutton on full time deals tbh. Prutton because of his experience, and Coke because (regardless of attitude and application) he has well above average ability for League 1.

I think ALL of the above bar Reynolds are out of contract next summer so they'll all be on their way out then if they've not already found a new club in the interim.

Eh?

3 already have.

Coke is back again already.

And we're still paying most of Reynolds' wages.