DJ getting it right at last?

I thought Semedo was immense and seeing off that bully Diouf was great to watch. Also I am sure that it gave confidence to Corry and Barkley that he would look after them. Corry seemed unsure at first but grew during the game. Agreed with COG in front and Llera behind most would feel safe.

It is clearly more about confidence than skill. They have the skill just need to have the freedom to play.

The back 4 will be right when Reda comes back.

Antonio and Bothroyd looked good doing what they were supposed to but somewhere we have to find goals.

In this setup COG can lead the line but not score enough goals. Madine may score more goals but is not a line leader.

JJ seems out of it except as backup for Antonio and Bothroyd. Where that leaves Maguire Rodri Pecnic who knows.

Mayor seems to be second backup behind JJ

And of course Chris Lines cannot be too far away.

After Blackburn it is Ipswich and Peterborough...........

My worry is we dont seem to be getting any ref decisions in our favour at all.

Palace seemed to kick it off, with the penalty incident.

Since weve had the Huddersfield match, Lleras header vs Hull, Antonio's penalty at Wolves, Becchio's superman impression.

We could have had alot more points on the board if it had not been for inept refereeing.

The games at Blackburn/Ipswich look tricky.

The teams that are always struggling and cant buy a win, always seem to find that elusive one when Wednesday roll into town.

We need to start pickin up points asap otherwise we will get cut adrift.

Yes we have to get goals into the side and that means another foray into the transfer market

If the goals aren't coming, rather than bring in another forward we could simply switch Bothroyd up front, Antonio to the right and bring in a left sided midfielder like Treacy. Having said that I think COG deserves a run in the team.

Spreading the goals out is OK but lets not forget the standard of the opposition meant that players like Reda and Llera could virtually camp in our opponents half knowing, for the most part, teams couldn't exploit them being awol. Its different in this league, as we've already seen, teams will punish you if you stray too far from your defensive duties

Sorry this is about football

Was impressed by the whole team out there on Friday, in particular 2 players I think were unfairly dumped or dropped too quickly:

Llera was immense, lucky to be on the pitch at the end tbf, but for me a captain's level performance he stood up and dished back in spades the aggression and in your face nastiness that surrounds Warnock's teams. For me that type of commitment lifts the crowd and the rest of the team.

CoG I think we can all agree this lad lacks a bit of pace but imo His strength and commitment links up the team. The way he shrugged off the flying karate assault by brown was inspiring, many players would still be rolling around now after that but he stood up and watched whilst that snivelling rat rolled around trying to claim he'd been the one fouled, what a complete personification of the tw@ that was

I'm glad DJ finally swallowed his pride and realised that Llera and CoG need to be in the team

Chris O'Grady has played in 10 of our 11 league matches this season - started in 7 including the last four. In fact there are only two games this season, league and cup combined that he's played no part in! What a silly comment to make.

My worry is we dont seem to be getting any ref decisions in our favour at all.

Palace seemed to kick it off, with the penalty incident.

Since weve had the Huddersfield match, Lleras header vs Hull, Antonio's penalty at Wolves, Becchio's superman impression.

We could have had alot more points on the board if it had not been for inept refereeing.

The games at Blackburn/Ipswich look tricky.

The teams that are always struggling and cant buy a win, always seem to find that elusive one when Wednesday roll into town.

We need to start pickin up points asap otherwise we will get cut adrift.

We dont seem to be having the rub of the green, I agree. Went to Forest v Cardiff game on saturday. Although supposidly top teams, both were poor and not a patch on Wednesday's performance the previous night. We are not that far from having a good team fit for the top eschelons of this league.

We have to be careful this "revival" becomes real and is backed up by points on the board. The last two games have seen a slight improvement in our performance but have translated into wins. Whilst the new system has resulted in us looking more solid, and I'm fully behind the change, it also negates us as an attacking force. If we can cut the goals conceded to an average of one a game ( instead of three ) but are unable to score, the result will be the same, zero points. Blackburn will be a good test of whether the revival is genuine or not. They have plenty of scoring options all over the pitch and we will do well to keep them out. Having said that, I have a feeling we'll triumph 2-0

Robinson

Orr Dann Givet Olsson

Formica Dunn Etuhu Pedersen

Kazim-Richards Rhodes

This is how my Blackburn supporting mate believes they will line up. If thats the case I reckon we will get zilch, then onto Ipswich who cant buy a win, but ill have a wager with anyone that they will get it against us.

If we fail to get anything from the next 2 games then I fear for DJ and a relegation dogfight is a certainty. These games are crucial.

Robinson

Orr Dann Givet Olsson

Formica Dunn Etuhu Pedersen

Kazim-Richards Rhodes

This is how my Blackburn supporting mate believes they will line up. If thats the case I reckon we will get zilch, then onto Ipswich who cant buy a win, but ill have a wager with anyone that they will get it against us.

If we fail to get anything from the next 2 games then I fear for DJ and a relegation dogfight is a certainty. These games are crucial.

Still time to have a good season - I'm not panicking,... yet, plenty of time just a couple of wins and things will look much better. I think we can get something from both games, we just need to keep plugging away and we'll get 'a decision' that will spark it off - that's the reason for the OP: is he getting that balance of old team spirit (Llera Semedo Cog) and new talent( Barkley Bothroyd Gardner) mixture right? - I've been a critic of bringing in and then always playing an unfit out of form Bothroyd into the side, now we've paid handsomely in lack lustre performances to get him fit, let's hope this form keeps up and we see the top class striker in him. I've also challenged the throwing in of a young kid into the deep end, didn't see anything to justify it early on but as he has started to learn a role and get familiar with what he is asked to do -signs are that if he is allowed to and wants to this could be exciting ( even that still not a fan of short term 'will he wont he' loans)