DJ getting it right at last?

I think Jones is a good manager, and a manager the chairman has a lot of time for, but if we don't start winning Milan will have to act. Yes its been rather more promising these last couple of matches, but its still 1 point out of 6 from the two home games.

I'm still not convinced about the defence, the five man midfield looks promising and affords the defence a bit more protection. Its up front though where we are woefully short, and I don't see that we have the firepower that would see us climb the table. As things stand, I think it will be a struggle this season, though a decent goalscorer could change that, but either way, I hope we stick with Jones.

Guest theowls 93

I wont be agreeing with DJ getting anything right while he insists on playing 4-5-1/4-3-3. I am aware that the middle 3 offer more stability and protection than a 4-4-2 system would, and while i am one of COG's bigger fans on here i dont think its fair playing him as a lone striker as his goal scoring records arent good enough. But if we are to keep this formation he is the man to play. Id like to see us go back to 4-4-2 with Bothroyd up alongside COG with Antonio/JJ and Mayor on the flanks