Leeds supporter on there trying to justify their chants using the Turkey ones, and the host, think its Alan Green, put him right in his place, saying that isn't a reason for anyone to go onto a pitch and punch someone. And then going on a rant attacking anyone who did the Jones chants.

Even if there was songs about Turkey (which I personally didn't here) it was only small minority of SWFC fans, majority of which would have been disgusted our fans even sung it (but every club has its idiots).

As for the chants regarding Dave Jones and Jimmy Saville there wasn't a minority of Leeds fans singing those songs the entire Leeds stand was singing them.

Thank god.

The idea that chanting somehow warrants a physical assault on a footballer is absolutely mindboggling. How thick are people who think it does?

I'm really, really glad that people in the media are prepared to say that. There's been way, way too much of it wrongly mentioned here and elsewhere since Friday.

If we have a lack of stewards why didnt 23k+ Wednesdayites feel the need to spill on the pitch when we scored or charge at Leeds fans? Leeds fans need to talk some responsibility for their actions. Do they need their mum and dad there to stop them doing things or are they just expecting the stewards to stop them from being naughty.

Seriously, not long.

but if it did happen,you can see that UEFA will take drastic action and kick English clubs out of Europe again just like in 1985 after Heysel,because i've no doubt that Michel Platini will have seen friday night's TV footage and is just waiting for the right moment. Edited by parkfieldowl14

It seems to me that many people are using the Istanbul chants from some idiots in our end to justify the other crowd trouble rather than the assault on CK. The mind boggles that any right minded person can justify ANY of what happened on either side on friday night.

The Saville chants were disgusting

The DJ chants a disgrace

The Istanbul chants a disgrace

The violence in the stands a disgrace

The idiots on the pitch a disgrace

The one who hit Kirkland an abomination

There is no justification for any of the above and anyone involved in ANY of it should seriously think about where they view themselves in modern society.

Just not bothered...

Even if there was songs about Turkey (which I personally didn't here) it was only small minority of SWFC fans, majority of which would have been disgusted our fans even sung it (but every club has its idiots).

As for the chants regarding Dave Jones and Jimmy Saville there wasn't a minority of Leeds fans singing those songs the entire Leeds stand was singing them.

I think the fact that every Leeds fan i've heard knows that they were singing about Dave Jones and Jimmy Saville, whilst the vast majority of Wednesday fans didn't even HEAR the Turkey song being chanted (never mind actually sing it) says it all about how many fans were joining in from each club for the respective tasteless chanting.

It is impossible to put exact numbers to it, but there can't have been many more than 50-100 singing the Turkish song IMO... it was much more than that about Jimmy Saville and DJ judging by the volume- Jones could hear it loud and clear and he was sitting half a stadium away.

I think the fact that every Leeds fan i've heard knows that they were singing about Dave Jones and Jimmy Saville, whilst the vast majority of Wednesday fans didn't even HEAR the Turkey song being chanted (never mind actually sing it) says it all about how many fans were joining in from each club for the respective tasteless chanting.

It is impossible to put exact numbers to it, but there can't have been many more than 50-100 singing the Turkish song IMO... it was much more than that about Jimmy Saville and DJ judging by the volume- Jones could hear it loud and clear and he was sitting half a stadium away.

Exactly. I sit on the Kop and couldn't hear what the north sing so if they did I wasn't close enough to here. As for the Saville and Jones songs I could here clear as day as 5,000 Leeds fans sang those obscene songs.

My brother was sat at the back of the North towards the Kop end and didn't hear the Turkey chants. He heard all the chants from the Leeds end.

I was sat 12 rows up on the North, in line with the halfway line. I heard all the chants, however the ones coming from the Wednesday end were A LOT quieter than those coming from the Leeds end. Not that it excuses the few arseholes in North stand singing the songs.

I heard the two back-to-back leeds fan callers this evening - Alan Green put them in their place, as opposed to the two clowns on 606 yesterday, who said jack when leeds fans said the stewarding was crap - 'at Hillsborough of all places...' One caller sounded like Partridge talking about farmers - but the presenters, including Savage just stayed silent. We have either kept a dignified silence this weekend or lack some balls to defend ourselves.