Lavery, Hery and Fletcher.

Guest peter grummitt

trevor francis was a youngster at 15 and top scorer in the second division

he wasnt and he wasnt .... i take your point though but he was an outstanding player theres nothing to suggest that the 3 mentioned here are anywhere near the same bracket

I'm hoping these lads turn out to be good sooner or later,

I know its great to have a development squad and future prospects, but we seemed to spend more time in pre season signing up these young kids than any real quality for the first team.

Lavery looked a bit lightweight in pre-season but quick and lively enough so hopefully he'll be useful, didnt see anything of the french kid but he sounded decent aswell.

just going to say the same big guns, loads of other teams play young players ,so why can't we, if they are doing well give em a taste of first team football ,and at 21 they are old enough ,otherwise barkley and McCabe shoudn't be playing because they are not old enough by somes logic,

Guest peter grummitt

not saying they are in the same bracket but if you dont give them first team chances you will never know...i stand corrected francis scored 15 in 22 games at 17

Not exactly convinced with any of them to be honest. Lavery has tended to play on the wing in the Development squad. Looks good at that level but he doesn't exactly boss games. Tends to be very direct, but eventually loses the ball quite often. Definitely got a good attitude and desire to make a contribution though, always wants the ball.

Fletcher isn't anything special from the limited games I've seen (admittedly only 4). Links up play well at youth level, but can't see him having an impact at first team level.

Hery I haven't seen since pre season (not played in development squad games I've seen) but I didn't see what all the fuss was about. Saw him at Dinnington and he had lots of running and fancy footwork but it didn't get him anywhere. Then he came on against Stocksbride and some people were impressed, but all I saw was more of the same. Perhaps having seen his "potential" for more than 15 minutes I see it as being nothing more than potential that he never really used effectively. Then again, I could be dead wrong.

At the end of the day though, I am new to this development players deal. Sure I've seen them more than most (5 games including pre season) but I don't have the experience to tell who is going to make the step up yet.

Edited by Leaping Lannys Perm

just going to say the same big guns, loads of other teams play young players ,so why can't we, if they are doing well give em a taste of first team football ,and at 21 they are old enough ,otherwise barkley and McCabe shoudn't be playing because they are not old enough by somes logic,

maybe the teams have GOOD young players......we know jones will play youngsters,antonio,mccabe,barkley,rodri prove that but he obviously doesnt think the others are up to the job at this moment in time.

maybe the teams have GOOD young players......we know jones will play youngsters,antonio,mccabe,barkley,rodri prove that but he obviously doesnt think the others are up to the job at this moment in time.

Well having seen some of the rubbish jones has signed this season ( gardner, mattocks, taylor etc) would we trust him to know if any of these kids are any good ? i

Guest Nejc_Pe�nik

Maybe we should do that thing where we get to 50 points first? You know just incase that thing happens.

I don't get the big deal with youngsters.

Guest Lawrie Maddens Hump

If they're good enough they're old enough.

Obviously not deemed good enough at the minute.

Good to see that we have some talent coming through the ranks though.

Edited by Lawrie Maddens Hump