Lack of time, trust and respect for our manager

dont usually get involved in rumours but a friend works at the club and he says there is major unrest amongst the players, bordering on hate towards DJ and his leadership this season

this perhaps is backed up with recent tweets from JJ etc

i want DJ to succeed, i like him from a supporters point of view but now fear the end is nigh for him and its a matter of when not if

For me it's not just about results. There's a few things that are concerning me at the moment.

7) Pre season. What did we achieve in pre season? We played players such as Mike Jones and Marlon Harewood who clearly were not in Jones plans. Fair enough giving them a couple of games and some training to see what they were made of, but it seems we gave them a lot of game time at the expense of putting a team together for the season.

Eh? Could it not be that this is why? You've got to play them to rule them out of your plans and pre season is designed for that!

Good post Kivo agree with pretty much all of that.....

Yeah football is about results - that's what the aim is, to get a result.

If we were looking just at the results without context then calling for DJ to go might be premature.

Looking at context and what is (possibly) leading to those lack of results is what is a concern. If we were doing everything right and not winning, then c'est la vie. We are obviously not doing things right and are getting beat every week. Discussing that context is perfectly reasonable IMO.

Still don't think it has any relevance to the main theme of Kivo's thread and there are a million others to discuss how shiit our set pieces are. As I said, no problem, I'll leave it at that.

OP is attention seeking and being a hypocrite as per usual.

Personally I think he should have been sacked after the Burnley match. No ifs no buts, 1 point in 7/8 games s not good enough, simple as that.

We are not dropping points against world beaters. Hull are a poor team and we had no attacking threat whatsoever.

It's no good saying we have a good squad and we will finish mid table when we are currently dropping points against the teams we should be beating to get that mid table spot.

It's clear he's lost the dressing room.

He needs to go and MM needs to find a replacement ASAP.

dont usually get involved in rumours but a friend works at the club and he says there is major unrest amongst the players, bordering on hate towards DJ and his leadership this season

this perhaps is backed up with recent tweets from JJ etc

i want DJ to succeed, i like him from a supporters point of view but now fear the end is nigh for him and its a matter of when not if

not repeating an earlier post but the ' them and us ' thing that seems to be manifesting has to be sorted and quick or he's toast

For me it's not just about results. There's a few things that are concerning me at the moment.

1) Results are obviously part of it. Any manager that loses 7 in 8 games is going to be a in trouble. We don't seem to be making teams work for their wins either, despite what DJ is watching I don't think we are playing at all well.

2) Performances are the next part. We are playing like a disjointed, unorganised mess. We have no leadership or organisation in defence, no guile in midfield and no sharpness up front.

3) Public criticism of players from the management has to stop. I'm worried by comments about Llera and COGBA. I'm annoyed when Radio Sheffield ask Jones about COGBA scoring two against Burnley and DJ spends half the time praising Bothroyd - we get it Dave, you like Bothroyd.

4) Bringing in Jay Bothroyd and playing him on the wing. We've committed to bringing this player in as one of our headline signings. If we are going to do that we need to use him where he's most effective. He did some nice stuff yesterday but much of it was on the periphery of the game.

5) Allegedly not attending training. So according to some of the coaching staff in a WP interview Jones doesn't regularly attend training. Whether Cloughie, Ferguson, Mourinho or Wenger attend training is irrelevant. They have all won major honours and are/were world class managers. If the coaches are coaching and taking charge of training then what exactly does DJ do?

6) Corners and set pieces generally. I would like to know how many of our goals last season came from set plays. I wouldn't be surprised if about a third of them came from set plays or the phase immediately following set plays. Not being able to beat the first man from a corner is simply pathetic.

7) Pre season. What did we achieve in pre season? We played players such as Mike Jones and Marlon Harewood who clearly were not in Jones plans. Fair enough giving them a couple of games and some training to see what they were made of, but it seems we gave them a lot of game time at the expense of putting a team together for the season.

Quite a few things are concerning about the club at the moment. Dave Jones has achieved elsewhere but I think this situation may have been a bit different to what he is used to. We are still a recovering club which needed stability and continuity and not, IMO, the wholesale changes we had to the playing squad.

This. If Jones had any link to the Pigs, you would have said they have sent in Agent Jones it's that bad. Not a lot of it makes sense. If we are waiting for a team to gell and that's why the results and performance are so bad, why did we start the season flying??

Guest Old Salt

Eh? Could it not be that this is why? You've got to play them to rule them out of your plans and pre season is designed for that!

Good post Kivo agree with pretty much all of that.....

He should have ruled Bothroyd and Taylor out by now too.

OP is attention seeking and being a hypocrite as per usual.

Personally I think he should have been sacked after the Burnley match. No ifs no buts, 1 point in 7/8 games s not good enough, simple as that.

We are not dropping points against world beaters. Hull are a poor team and we had no attacking threat whatsoever.

It's no good saying we have a good squad and we will finish mid table when we are currently dropping points against the teams we should be beating to get that mid table spot.

It's clear he's lost the dressing room.

He needs to go and MM needs to find a replacement ASAP.

Please point out where i'm 'usually' an attention seeker and a hypocrit.

Funny how you should be among those wanting to sack our manager after a bad run of half a dozen games.

Clueless.

1) Results are obviously part of it. Any manager that loses 7 in 8 games is going to be a in trouble. We don't seem to be making teams work for their wins either, despite what DJ is watching I don't think we are playing at all well.

2) Performances are the next part. We are playing like a disjointed, unorganised mess. We have no leadership or organisation in defence, no guile in midfield and no sharpness up front.

3) Public criticism of players from the management has to stop. I'm worried by comments about Llera and COGBA. I'm annoyed when Radio Sheffield ask Jones about COGBA scoring two against Burnley and DJ spends half the time praising Bothroyd - we get it Dave, you like Bothroyd.

4) Bringing in Jay Bothroyd and playing him on the wing. We've committed to bringing this player in as one of our headline signings. If we are going to do that we need to use him where he's most effective. He did some nice stuff yesterday but much of it was on the periphery of the game.

5) Allegedly not attending training. So according to some of the coaching staff in a WP interview Jones doesn't regularly attend training. Whether Cloughie, Ferguson, Mourinho or Wenger attend training is irrelevant. They have all won major honours and are/were world class managers. If the coaches are coaching and taking charge of training then what exactly does DJ do?

6) Corners and set pieces generally. I would like to know how many of our goals last season came from set plays. I wouldn't be surprised if about a third of them came from set plays or the phase immediately following set plays. Not being able to beat the first man from a corner is simply pathetic.

Quite a few things are concerning about the club at the moment. Dave Jones has achieved elsewhere but I think this situation may have been a bit different to what he is used to. We are still a recovering club which needed stability and continuity and not, IMO, the wholesale changes we had to the playing squad.

Difficult to disagree with any of this.

I will always support the team but there is clearly something wrong behind the scenes.

Jones needs to sort it quickly.

Guest TonyOwl88

Dave Jones may as well have the season. We don't have the resources to turn the squad over in January because he spent it all on turning our great 2012 squad over in the summer.

How can we expect anyone else to make this squad into what they want if DJ is struggling despite the fact he put them together?

We might still come good eventually, but right now the continuity is all we have. Disrupting things probably won't work.

He's weeing me off as much as anyone, but that's just how I feel about our prospects... I just want us to be the best we can, and I can't help feeling plenty of damage has been done, but getting rid of Jones will just do more.

Megson never should have gone, and probably should have been given the backing DJ has had through a spell of performances and results as bad as I remember... but MM won't swallow his pride, and Megson wouldn't work with him again. I'd love for Megson to return one day, but it won't be for some time if ever. I would have loved to see the finished Megson product though, because he has a vision far greater than people give him credit for.

Look at us now... we sack Megson in 3rd, go up in 2nd... lose his squad and suck.

Bolton sack Megson after keeping them up and doing well in Europe, do well for a season with his players, change things around and go down, and then suck in the league below.

West Brom sacked him, and it made no difference to their successes really... they continued to yoyo for several years.

Megson is a real manager... and I actually liked the way we played under him in general. I like solid teams who attack down the wings and score in a variety of ways. Now we have no spine and don't even know how we are supposed to play.

Please point out where i'm 'usually' an attention seeker and a hypocrit.

Funny how you should be among those wanting to sack our manager after a bad run of half a dozen games.

Clueless.

You being a hypocrite = starting two threads; one which bangs on how bad we are and scared of relegation; the second one having a pop other Wednesday fans saying how bad we are and how we will get relegated.

(I used to be sc owl) has pretty much said all that needs to be said about how it is at S6.

We've played 25% of our games and are shipping in 2/3 on average per game and there is clear unrest at the club. We have been dire.

It's a result based business and the results have been shocking.

Your new angle which is to have a pop at other fans who are deeply concerned and are expressing their opinions on here a (FOOTBALL FORUM) is quite hilarious and also insulting.

Guest Old Salt

No it's not. One or two good points but much of it is imo ignorant and misplaced.

Which points are ignorant and misplaced iyo?