Lack of time, trust and respect for our manager

Guest Nejc_Pe�nik

Do you really think we would have got promotion from league one if he'd taken over from Irvine when Megson did? I don't. There's only one quality player he has brought to this club, and that's me.

Megson got this club to where it is. He was stabbed in the back by Milan.

Now it's time for Milan to wield the shinny axe.

How much longer do we have before the losing mentality takes a grip over the team though, fwiw I think DJ is one of the best out there but at the moment I look at his signings, his tactics, his statements, his decisions and I come to the conclusion that he just hasn't got a clue, the wheels have well and truly come off for DJ.

Lets hope we win Leeds and bounce back because if we lose that badly and at home to a gloating Colin I feel he'll be gone.

Edited by TaxiMark

For me it's not just about results. There's a few things that are concerning me at the moment.

1) Results are obviously part of it. Any manager that loses 7 in 8 games is going to be a in trouble. We don't seem to be making teams work for their wins either, despite what DJ is watching I don't think we are playing at all well.

2) Performances are the next part. We are playing like a disjointed, unorganised mess. We have no leadership or organisation in defence, no guile in midfield and no sharpness up front.

3) Public criticism of players from the management has to stop. I'm worried by comments about Llera and COGBA. I'm annoyed when Radio Sheffield ask Jones about COGBA scoring two against Burnley and DJ spends half the time praising Bothroyd - we get it Dave, you like Bothroyd.

4) Bringing in Jay Bothroyd and playing him on the wing. We've committed to bringing this player in as one of our headline signings. If we are going to do that we need to use him where he's most effective. He did some nice stuff yesterday but much of it was on the periphery of the game.

5) Allegedly not attending training. So according to some of the coaching staff in a WP interview Jones doesn't regularly attend training. Whether Cloughie, Ferguson, Mourinho or Wenger attend training is irrelevant. They have all won major honours and are/were world class managers. If the coaches are coaching and taking charge of training then what exactly does DJ do?

6) Corners and set pieces generally. I would like to know how many of our goals last season came from set plays. I wouldn't be surprised if about a third of them came from set plays or the phase immediately following set plays. Not being able to beat the first man from a corner is simply pathetic.

7) Pre season. What did we achieve in pre season? We played players such as Mike Jones and Marlon Harewood who clearly were not in Jones plans. Fair enough giving them a couple of games and some training to see what they were made of, but it seems we gave them a lot of game time at the expense of putting a team together for the season.

Quite a few things are concerning about the club at the moment. Dave Jones has achieved elsewhere but I think this situation may have been a bit different to what he is used to. We are still a recovering club which needed stability and continuity and not, IMO, the wholesale changes we had to the playing squad.

Guest Nejc_Pe�nik

For me it's not just about results. There's a few things that are concerning me at the moment.

1) Results are obviously part of it. Any manager that loses 7 in 8 games is going to be a in trouble. We don't seem to be making teams work for their wins either, despite what DJ is watching I don't think we are playing at all well.

2) Performances are the next part. We are playing like a disjointed, unorganised mess. We have no leadership or organisation in defence, no guile in midfield and no sharpness up front.

3) Public criticism of players from the management has to stop. I'm worried by comments about Llera and COGBA. I'm annoyed when Radio Sheffield ask Jones about COGBA scoring two against Burnley and DJ spends half the time praising Bothroyd - we get it Dave, you like Bothroyd.

4) Bringing in Jay Bothroyd and playing him on the wing. We've committed to bringing this player in as one of our headline signings. If we are going to do that we need to use him where he's most effective. He did some nice stuff yesterday but much of it was on the periphery of the game.

5) Allegedly not attending training. So according to some of the coaching staff in a WP interview Jones doesn't regularly attend training. Whether Cloughie, Ferguson, Mourinho or Wenger attend training is irrelevant. They have all won major honours and are/were world class managers. If the coaches are coaching and taking charge of training then what exactly does DJ do?

6) Corners and set pieces generally. I would like to know how many of our goals last season came from set plays. I wouldn't be surprised if about a third of them came from set plays or the phase immediately following set plays. Not being able to beat the first man from a corner is simply pathetic.

7) Pre season. What did we achieve in pre season? We played players such as Mike Jones and Marlon Harewood who clearly were not in Jones plans. Fair enough giving them a couple of games and some training to see what they were made of, but it seems we gave them a lot of game time at the expense of putting a team together for the season.

Quite a few things are concerning about the club at the moment. Dave Jones has achieved elsewhere but I think this situation may have been a bit different to what he is used to. We are still a recovering club which needed stability and continuity and not, IMO, the wholesale changes we had to the playing squad.

This.

etc

No offence, and no matter how valid your points are, but this has nothing to do with what Kivo said has it?

Edited by Sonny

Depends how much more time people think is acceptable.

A defeat against Leeds and I honestly believe that Dave Jones will be on his bike.

He probably gave me the best moment of my Wednesday supporting life back in May (too young to remember the cup finals etc), but all that could be undone rather quickly at the rate we are currently going.

No sentiment in football is a bit of a cliché, but in many ways, particularly with the nature of the modern game, it holds true.

No offence, and no matter how valid your points are, but this has nothing to do with what Kivo said has it?

Well, it does. Kivo is making the point that we should stick with DJ despite the recent results. I'm making an argument that many fans are concerned not just because of results.

Personal abuse of the manager is, of course, not acceptable. Critical discussion of our manager's overall performance is reasonable though.

Critical discussion of our manager's overall performance is reasonable though.

This.

Why some people (not the OP by the way) get so upset at people saying "well I didn't think this was good enough" or "we need to improve on this" etc is beyond me.

We only need to stay up this season... this bad run will end and we will finish up mid table at least stop panicking,,,, give it time...

Exactly - stay up! I for one would be content with that and I'm certain we will do more than merely stay up.

We need to score first - didn't GM go on about the importance of that quite a lot? When we do that and go on to win a game, we'll start to climb back up the table.

There's way too much quality in this teamsquad to be worried about anything worse than a mid-table position come the end of the season and that will constitute progress in my book.

Keep smiling and enjoy the ride - FFS it would be getting boring if we were still winning every time we took to the pitch :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Guest Old Salt

Spot on.

Not all about results... everything's about results. I can't keep track.

No problem. Just bored of reading exactly the same thing posted in every thread.

Yeah football is about results - that's what the aim is, to get a result.

If we were looking just at the results without context then calling for DJ to go might be premature.

Looking at context and what is (possibly) leading to those lack of results is what is a concern. If we were doing everything right and not winning, then c'est la vie. We are obviously not doing things right and are getting beat every week. Discussing that context is perfectly reasonable IMO.