Lack of time, trust and respect for our manager

You've misunderstood the 'results based business'.

It's not about winning every game. It's not even about winning the league. It's about doing better than expectations, partly in order to increase revenue.

For some clubs that means winning the league. At this time, I'm not sure that that is the expectation for our club. That is, I'm on record as saying that's what I expect, but Milan's expectation may simply be avoiding relegation and strengthening the club.

That latter point is important. He may take the view that sacking the manager at this time, even in this season, would weaken the club, and weaken our long term prospects (results!).

So it's not black and white.

And to suggest some of the fans on here don't like a bit of drama. Now that's preposterous.

I disagree with this.

I don't think it's about doing better than expectations.

It's about beating your opponent more often than not and hence winning as much as possible, which will result in your opponent losing. Results!

I think MM will do the right thing.... He won't sack DJ unless there is a better replacement.

Guest totemowl

I disagree with this.

I don't think it's about doing better than expectations.

It's about beating your opponent more often than not and hence winning as much as possible, which will result in your opponent losing. Results!

I think MM will do the right thing.... He won't sack DJ unless there is a better replacement.

Ok... But what that means is that the bosses of 95% or more of the competition in any results based sector, is by your logic failing to do what they are employed to do.

No big deal. I was just making the point that Milan may sack or not sack DJ, depending on what his expectations are for this season.

Guest Old Salt

People on here are happy to verbally attack there own fans from the safety of their dark, seedy bedrooms at their parent house.

It's embarrassing tbh.

People on here are happy to verbally attack there own fans from the safety of their dark, seedy bedrooms at their parent house.

It's embarrassing tbh.

ive been saying that since i joined, little spotties surrounded by tissues, one told me i was binary,

im binary, whats all that about?

listen, ive been talking rubbish for 50 years, im a pro at it, but these kids beat me hands down.

Guest Old Salt

I had a bullshit ninja pounce on me the other day. Wasn't even about different points of view on football. It was about the meaning of 'nearly'.

I had a bullshit ninja pounce on me the other day. Wasn't even about different points of view on football. It was about the meaning of 'nearly'.

i know, its absurd, i used the figure of speech there's 1000s of posts on here saying Jones can do no wrong, meaning they were posts blindly supporting Jones, the freaks insisted i post links to posts where the poster said Jones was perfect, or to quote one of them exactly " had never made an error of judgement" well that sort of language and football simply dont go together for me, when i treid to show them what i meant, they then asked me if we could not speak English in Scarborough, im S5 born and bred ffs, ive been to more games than i care to remember, and for the life of me i cant remember anyone shouting "hey assistant referee i think you've made an error of judgement there" or "my god referee you really are binary" if they are the future of the club then being adrift 3rd bottom is the least of our worries,

No problem, I don't expect every one to agree otherwise a debate is pointless.

However I disagree with my job comparisons comment ....... that was awesome!

No problem, I don't expect every one to agree otherwise a debate is pointless.

However I disagree with my job comparisons comment ....... that was awesome!

I'll expand then as you seem open to reasonable discussion and not one of the wind up crew.

I won't go into the job comparisons point then save to say I don't think it particularly holds water and you can't benchmark the role and success of a manager like that. So when you wrote 'therefore it's black and white...' I wasn't convinced.

I thought the suggestion that ANY manager who has a run of 7 games without a win should be sacked was unrealistic to say the least and it read as an attempt to say unequivocally that DJ deserved to be sacked based on an unjustified 'black and white' benchmarking.

The point of the post I understood was to refute the suggestion about people looking for drama.

The conclusion was to say that you would support DJ if the team started winning which i hope would be the case for most doubters.My view was that you could have said that without all the drama!.lol

Guest Briscoe Inferno

by the way i was born at Page Hall but lived almost all my life in Grenoside if that helps you to understand me better

Isn't that a small town in Scarborough on the way to Newcastle? :ph34r: