Martin Taylor, future SWFC legend.

The criticism of him for Burnley's first two goals was ridiculous.

For the third goal, somebody on here wrote that he had a zillion chances to clear the ball.

I mean, the bloke hasn't played well, but if things are just being made up and then repeated, he hasn't got a chance.

That must be the biggest understatement said on here for a very long time.

We have made a major error signing him.Why cant people accept that,specially DJ.

The criticism of him for Burnley's first two goals was ridiculous.

For the third goal, somebody on here wrote that he had a zillion chances to clear the ball.

I mean, the bloke hasn't played well, but if things are just being made up and then repeated, he hasn't got a chance.

It's what happens though - which is why it's pointless trying to engage in debate about it.

Some people just wanna apportion blame and they'll pin it on whoever is the target that week/month/season whatever.

Nothing wrong with pointing out a players mistakes and blaming them for the outcomes if that is indeed the case - but people actually do make things ups - or stretch things beyond credibility in order to blame a player.

Once that gains momentum there's little point trying to be objective about it.

We have made a major error signing him.Why cant people accept that,specially DJ.

He hasn't played particularly well, but nowhere near badly enough to say that signing him is a major error. Just lumping some hyperbole into a sentence doesn't make it more true.

It's what happens though - which is why it's pointless trying to engage in debate about it.

Some people just wanna apportion blame and they'll pin it on whoever is the target that week/month/season whatever.

Nothing wrong with pointing out a players mistakes and blaming them for the outcomes if that is indeed the case - but people actually do make things ups - or stretch things beyond credibility in order to blame a player.

Agreed.

I really hope things turn around for Taylor.

My biggest worry is his total lack of pace.

At the moment he looks like he will get murdered when players run at him or turn to his left and create space. They seem to have all day to strike the ball.

Lets hope he has a blinder on saturday.

Potentially Taylor is a good signing but, like any human, he is prone to having bad games.

Maybe he shouldn't have been brought into the side quite so quickly, but having said that something needed to be done because we were still shipping goals with Beevers / Liera / Gardner / Buxton / Reda at the back.

Yr spot on there scram.

Something i've been trying to argue but for reasons that you have made above I've been blown out of the water.

Once they make up their minds, people completely stop being objective.

Way Wednesday fans slate Taylor is a disgrace and an embarassment.

I don't know how it will turn out for him at Wednesday, but the fact that he's being made a scapegoat after 3/4 games is a joke.

Love all the calls on fh/posts on here etc calling for llera back which conveniently forget that we got Taylor in cos our back 4 was poo pooe and llera had been in it.

Need to give him a break - decide after he's settled in a bit

My OP might have been a little optimistic, however....we ARE too quick to make judgement.

Parallels with Purse have been made.

Was Purse not put alongside a poor right back and pulled out of position a lot as a result? We have not had a settled defence, that is part and parcel of the problem.

I do believe this guy will come good for us, VERY good. Legend may be pushing it yes, but please - give the guy a chance in a settled defence that doesn't include a winger (doing a commendable job, but a winger non the less) at right back.

My OP might have been a little optimistic, however....we ARE too quick to make judgement.

Parallels with Purse have been made.

Was Purse not put alongside a poor right back and pulled out of position a lot as a result? We have not had a settled defence, that is part and parcel of the problem.

I do believe this guy will come good for us, VERY good. Legend may be pushing it yes, but please - give the guy a chance in a settled defence that doesn't include a winger (doing a commendable job, but a winger non the less) at right back.

Totally agree. We had a defence that wasn't performing, we bring in Taylor, its not immediately rectified so he is vilified and calls are to replace him with the defence that was struggling in the first place. Madness.

The legend thing is a bit daft, not bothered about him being a "legend" just let him settle in and be a decent centre half for us.

The pressure he must be feeling now must be unreal and that isn't going to help him.

Guest cavtat

He is garbage and Jones is a thrower for signing him. He publicly slated Llera for his performance

at Brighton yet refuses to condemn Taylor for gifting Bolton and Burnley goals. To make things

worse he loans out Beevers, who is a far better player to one of our rivals.

He has basically weakened our team and strengthened Millwall's.

He is garbage and Jones is a thrower for signing him. He publicly slated Llera for his performance

at Brighton yet refuses to condemn Taylor for gifting Bolton and Burnley goals. To make things

worse he loans out Beevers, who is a far better player to one of our rivals.

He has basically weakened our team and strengthened Millwall's.

Lesbian.