Martin Taylor, future SWFC legend.

Guest pops55

Just heard Jones on Radio Sheffield stating that its unfair to single out Taylor. Irony alert Dave didnt you single out Llera the other week. Me thinks we are starting to see Dave has his favourites. Who will be next in his sights Reda over his Twitter comments?

Thats a good point.

On the Taylor legend issue i don,t think he will be in the squad by xmas

Seen nothing to support legend status thus far and confident he will never get anywhere near during his time with us.

However I do hope he becomes a vey important player for us but he does need to come out of the side for he good of the team and himself to re start his career with us which has been calamitous to date

Just heard Jones on Radio Sheffield stating that its unfair to single out Taylor. Irony alert Dave didnt you single out Llera the other week. Me thinks we are starting to see Dave has his favourites. Who will be next in his sights Reda over his Twitter comments?

Yeah fair point.

Edited by Dagmeister

Guest Leeswfc3

Actually Peason hit the ground running.

Watford fans were gutted to lose Taylor so I reckon he'll come good even if that looks a long shot at the moment.

You can't "come good" if you physically have it.

Guest Leeswfc3

Who would you put Taylor on a par with at the moment in terms of CB's past or present?

Some 1 like Hinds but abit worse?

Guest wilyfox

He hasn't made a good start to his Owls career, a few clean sheets would turn it around. He and the boys need to make it happen for some stability.

Guest hirsty9

So if he was part of a team that went on to be promoted he would be just another centre back?

Depends what your definition of a legend is I suppose.

we wont go up with taylor as centre half, he turns his back on attackers thats why he's a poor defender

To be fair to Jones though, he didn't single Llera out, it was the journalist who asked him about him that singled him out, and so Jones was merely responding to a question about Llera. I do think he was perhaps needlessly excessive in saying that he's been costing the side goals, but let's not forget that he did actually give him the first 7 games of this season - and let's not also forget that Llera really has actually made a few costly mistakes this season.

Llera's had 8 games this season in which we've conceded 15 goals - so by my reckoning, Taylor's got another 3 games to get his act together.

Can those Taylor haters at least reserve a bit of the judgemental attitude until after he's played alongside an accomplished right back for a full game?

Des Walker and Mike Lyons = Wednesday Legends.

Even if Taylor improves significantly = Just another Wednesday centre back.

Bullhonk. You're acting like his career is completely tarnished after a few fans blame him (incorrectly) for a couple of goals.

Guest Distraught!

Can those Taylor haters at least reserve a bit of the judgemental attitude until after he's played alongside an accomplished right back for a full game?

Bullhonk. You're acting like his career is completely tarnished after a few fans blame him (incorrectly) for a couple of goals.

No, the OP referred to him as a potential legend. I can accept that he may improve with games but I very much doubt he will reach the levels that make him a "legend". As I alluded to, he would just be another Wednesday CB.

The criticism of him for Burnley's first two goals was ridiculous.

For the third goal, somebody on here wrote that he had a zillion chances to clear the ball.

I mean, the bloke hasn't played well, but if things are just being made up and then repeated, he hasn't got a chance.